Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-09 04:27:54

mridley
Website

Urgent Passwords

Hi all, 

Today I have had a number of emails from clients saying the can not get into their galleries,  the password do not seem to be working. 

I have tried to publish a new gallery http://tsiphotography.co.uk/backlight/c … m_id=38543

I have tested with a new test gallery and for some reason Google Chrome is asking for an "Email" instead of "username on the login screen??

#2 2016-11-09 04:36:31

Ben

Re: Urgent Passwords

Client Response logins are configured via the page Client Response > Clients within Backlight.

#3 2016-11-09 04:40:26

mridley
Website

Hi Ben,

Yes I know everything has been working ok until today,

Although I don't follow what you mean here "Client Response logins are configured via the page Client Response > Clients within Backlight."

Even if i "Goto Published Album" in LR the login screen is asking for an email address instead of a Username?

A Little update if you goto http://www.tsiphotography.co.uk/galleries/weddings/ and try clicking on random galleries why do some ask for an "email" to log in and some ask for a "username"?

Last edited by mridley (2016-11-09 05:01:43)

#4 2016-11-09 05:00:44

Daniel Leu
Website

In Backlight > Client Response > Localizations, you can set LABEL_EMAIL to whatever you want it to show on the login screen.

Can you login with a username/password combination?

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#5 2016-11-09 05:13:53

mridley
Website

Daniel Leu wrote:

In Backlight > Client Response > Localizations, you can set LABEL_EMAIL to whatever you want it to show on the login screen.

Can you login with a username/password combination?

Thank you Daniel,  but this isn't it,  when I create a gallery and then go to view published gallery the login says email not username, regardless of what i put in here it reports "incorrect email or password" even using the master details set in Publisher. 

The galleries that are already live work fine IF the login screen asks for the "Username" when "Email is requested nothing works..

#6 2016-11-09 05:20:13

mridley
Website

Look here,

Error.jpg

I'm also see this on occasions

Something went wrong
Unexpected error: Directive 'safe_mode' is deprecated in PHP 5.3 and greater in Unknown on line 0

Last edited by mridley (2016-11-09 05:42:40)

#7 2016-11-09 05:47:59

rod barbee
Website

when the password form is asking for an email address, then the gallery is a Client Response gallery.

Those galleries asking for usernames are regular albums configured with password protection in Publisher.

Those galleries asking for email address are Client Response albums.

Client Response albums are not accessible using the master password set up in Backlight > Publisher > Settings.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#8 2016-11-09 06:03:01

mridley
Website

rod barbee wrote:

when the password form is asking for an email address, then the gallery is a Client Response gallery.

Those galleries asking for usernames are regular albums configured with password protection in Publisher.

Those galleries asking for email address are Client Response albums.

Client Response albums are not accessible using the master password set up in Backlight > Publisher > Settings.

WOW thanks Rod,  I didn't know that :-(

I use CRG a lot, so does that now mean we don't have a master login details? If so isn't that a step backwards from CE4 CRG?

With CE4 CRG I allow the brides party and family\friends to download the images from the site, so i enable the download links in CE4 CRG, if backlight CRG are email protected I can't expect them to give out their email address to everyone..

#9 2016-11-09 06:05:54

Ben

If you're logged into Backlight as admin then you should be able to navigate to those galleries from the weddings page on that same browser you are logged in with.

#10 2016-11-09 06:55:00

rod barbee
Website

if backlight CRG are email protected I can't expect them to give out their email address to everyone..

This is true only if you manage them. If you don't client manage them, then anybody can access the gallery and leave feedback.

You can set up a Client Response album so that it's not managed by Backlight (don't create a client in Backlight > Client Response) but it is password protected via the album set up in Publisher.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#11 2016-11-09 06:56:35

rod barbee
Website

the big advantage of managing CR through Backlight's client response is that clients can make choices, log out, and log back in later to continue.
If not managed, your clients will need to make their choices in one session

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#12 2016-11-09 06:58:53

rod barbee
Website

this old post on CE4 CRG explains the client management options. Ignore the first point about exported and uploaded galleries as that no longer applies
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/2015/02/0 … e-gallery/

edit: actually, all that is in the Backlight documentation too: http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … -on_basics

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#13 2016-11-09 14:52:09

Matthew
Administrator
Website

mridley wrote:

With CE4 CRG I allow the brides party and family\friends to download the images from the site, so i enable the download links in CE4 CRG, if backlight CRG are email protected I can't expect them to give out their email address to everyone..

Client accounts and related management features in the Client Response Add-on are intended for one-on-one interactions with a client, and are not designed for providing gallery access to groups. If you want to allow group access to a gallery, then you should set the gallery as unmanaged, then configure password protection via publisher. You may then distribute the login and password to members of your group. If you are providing access only for the sake of downloads, and do not require feedback from group members, then you should probably be using a standard gallery, rather than a client response gallery.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#14 2016-11-11 16:39:20

mridley
Website

Thanks guys

Board footer