Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-08 18:22:01

mulluz

Cant receive emails anymore

I used to be able to get emails with the feedback, and the client too. Lately it's not working. Have not changed anything. Ive been with one.com's support about my email details and tried different ports and also different smtp-servers...send.one.com and mailout.one.com... I could contact their support again but I feel i've tried every combination of server and port now....also tried "mail" instead of  "smtp" with every configuration. With mail It seems to work when i press send, but no emails show up....tried looking att junkmail in both my mail app and my webmail on one.com. My mail adress is working with other stuff so that's not the problem either...
Any ideas?
http://www.samuelpettersson.se/ttg-be/admin

#2 2016-11-08 19:12:03

Ben

Re: Cant receive emails anymore

Hi.  Firstly, it's unlikely that SMTP will work from your server.  Most hosts seem to block it, and if you're getting errors, that's likely the case.

When you send out using the mail(), it can make a big difference if your From address matches an email address that the host is aware of.  This means that the address should be for the domain you are sending from (samuelpettersson.se), and preferably, be an address that is configured in your site's control panel.  Configuring the email address in the control panel doesn't mean the host has to manage the email (there may be further settings in order to have that happen).  It just means that in their system you have registered an email address in their system.

Once that is set, then your host is more likely to send the emails out with the headers matching the domain you are trying to send from.  This can vastly increase the chances of the email getting through to the end-user's inbox and not be dropped as spam along the way.

Does that help?

#3 2016-11-08 21:36:31

mulluz

Actually, the "from"-adress is my main email-adress - the only adress I'm using from my host, one.com....so, I don't think that helps. But thanks!

#4 2016-11-08 22:10:21

mulluz

I was in touch with one.com again about this.
The support-person told me I should ask how you change the details (adress, server, and what not) if you use "mail", instead of SMTP. Every option get's greyed out when you do that...?

#5 2016-11-09 04:31:38

Ben

That's because those options are only applicable to SMTP. When you choose 'mail' you are delegating responsibility to the host to send the email with whatever SMTP server and configuration they have setup.

#6 2016-11-09 17:07:48

mulluz

Hm. Well... I can't find a solution that works.

#7 2016-11-09 18:53:45

Ben

Put it to your host: I am trying to send out email using PHP's mail() but emails are not being sent.  Please advise.

Board footer