Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-06 16:58:16

njrphoto

Adding a comment form on the main gallery, Removing a link,

I have several questions:

sample gallery:
http://nicholasjreid.com/static/clients/Gallery/SAMPLE/

I would like to make a comment form on my gallery that my clients can give general notes. I know there is one in the email but I want to do it on the main gallery so clients can add general notes as they edit. I have gotten as far as adding a text area form box. I don't know how to make what was written be delivered in the email when they submit their feedback.
I added this code in the Content/Description section where you can input a paragraph of text:

<form method='post'> General Comments</b> <br><textarea name="General Comments" id="General Comments" rows="5"></textarea></form>

Second I would like to change the link from the identity plate at the top of my my gallery. Where is that link in the in the lightroom Engine? The plate location is in Site Info/ Identity.

And third, is there anyway to remove the large ghosted image that is behind the comment pane when commenting on a single image?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by njrphoto (2016-11-06 16:58:25)

#2 2016-11-07 00:09:34

rod barbee
Website

Re: Adding a comment form on the main gallery, Removing a link,

your clients can already add notes on per image basis via the feedback link on each image.
There's probably not really a user-editable way of adding your form content to an email as it all interfaces with ttg-be, but perhaps Ben or Matt have a solution.

The masthead link will always go to whatever you've entered for the Site Root in Site Info > Website: Site Root

If you need it to be something different, you can replace the masthead with your own via phplugins.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-11-09 10:41:04

njrphoto

Thank you for your reply. I would rather have a general form, rather than a form for specific images. On the Lightroom engine you can select to show "Typography Samples" wher it shows all of the text sample that are possible. There are also forms and radio buttons in there. So I imagine that it is possible. I am just not that savvy.
Any advice for the ghosted large images when commenting?
Thank you for your help.

#4 2016-11-09 11:56:56

rod barbee
Website

you might be able to remove the ghosted large images with custom css.
The truth is, the changes you want to be made are not going to happen from ttg since CE4 isn't really being developed any more. You'll need to figure out some custom way of doing it. I don't know enough about the page structures and what you'd need to do to get a form to work with the ttg-be backend to offer any advice.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer