Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-06 03:11:41

edgorochowski

Colour attributes on all templates not appearing or acting correctly.

Have got backlight working OK, but can not modify colour attributes in templates. Every colour attribute line has a black triangle underneath  which when pressed displays hash and a six figure colour code or  something like right(255,255,255,0)
These colour related outputs are repeated at the bottom of the template update screen....help
The screen shot can be seen using below are requested.   

?a=design_template&p1=1#typography

#2 2016-10-06 04:10:37

rod barbee
Website

Re: Colour attributes on all templates not appearing or acting correctly.

not following you. Are you not seeing the color picker? Can you be more specific?
here's how to add a screen shot to your post: http://community.theturninggate.net/vie … hp?id=7046

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-10-07 04:34:11

edgorochowski

Sorry for not being clear. When I edit any template I can modify most attributes like text size and fonts, size parameters etc etc, but every colour attribute on every template  can not be modified. The template  shows the text of the colour parameter such as 'background colour' or  'border-colour' but directly underneath the wording is a small solid black triangle (pointing downwards). If I click on this  triangle i get three lines of text appear,  firstly the word 'less' or 'more', secondly '(hash2555,255,255,0) or similar, and thirdly the word 'choose'. These three lines are also  repeated many times beyond the end of the template. I have tried modifying the colour numbers but pressing enter just returns the old numbers on the screen.
Below is a screen shot of one of the templates, I will be very interested in your comments. Thanks. Ed   

?a=design_template&p1=1#typography

#4 2016-10-07 05:38:26

rod barbee
Website

your screen shot didn't appear. You need to place it online (either a jpg or png file, not a url to the actual page) and provide the URL between img tags
http://community.theturninggate.net/vie … hp?id=7046

But what you describe does not sound right. Sounds like something got corrupted. You might try downloading the Backlight zip files again, unzipping and then uploading them to your site again.

Otherwise, someone will need to log into your Backlight Admin and take a look.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2016-10-08 06:54:51

edgorochowski

Hi Rod. Thank you for the advice. I have tried locating the screen on Turning gate site to re-download the Backlight 'Publisher+pages' software to try and solve this  problem as you suggest but the only screens available ask me for my order number  and email address.

My paypal transaction only gives me a transaction number  74H24947FU4475638  and your Invoice number #0012054312 but no order number!!

How can I locate and download this software again, I have looked through all my emails and can not fine  any reference to an order number that works. Res Ed

#6 2016-10-08 07:16:40

rod barbee
Website

In the email you got acknowledging your order, the order number appears both in the subject line and within the text of the email.
(The email From field shows The Turning Gate but the reply address is noreply@sendowl.com)
There is also a download link in the email.

If you no longer have the email, you'll need to contact Matt. Include the email address from which you made the order.
You can contact Matt using the form on the Support page.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2016-10-08 21:02:59

edgorochowski

All now working well, thank you for your help. The beer is on me if we ever meet. Ed

Board footer