Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-09 19:53:24

speacock110

Multiple client albums backlight managed Confusion

I have just published my first wedding album using backlight.

This consists of an Album set containing 2 Backlight managed albums (formal and informal images) plus a Theatre slideshow currently not password protected. Dealt with in a previous post.

When I enter a managed album it asks for email and password upon successful login I am then presented with album choices, in this case two. However, I have already chosen the album from within the album set. I am a little confused as to the process for setting up the login for a client.

I don’t mind if they choose the album then login or login then choose (the second option looks better as it has feedback available info). So how do I give the client one thing to click on which then asks them for the password so they then get their available albums to choose.

I will be adding albums later that will contain their chosen images to be incorporated into a Blurb book.

#2 2016-09-09 22:31:28

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Multiple client albums backlight managed Confusion

Managed albums allow you to create a client login and assign albums to that login. On logging in, the client will be presented a list of albums to which they have access (those albums you've assigned to their user account).

You can simply provide them the link to the login screen, and therefore might want to hide the protected albums from public sight (you can select Hide from Album Set) from within the publisher settings for that album.

The login URL should be yourdomain.com/backlight/client-response/.

If the clients enter feedback on their assigned galleries, that feedback will be saved with their account, meaning they can make selects, leave comments, etc., log out without submitting, then come back later to finish.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2016-09-10 04:22:15

speacock110

Re: Multiple client albums backlight managed Confusion

Organised it by putting logon button on the menu. So I have an Album Set with Theatre Slideshow and two hidden Albums. This allows me to easily add more albums Backlight access managed Publisher access managed or public all for the same client. Backlight managed albums are hidden until logged on then client has option to chose the album. The client appears to be please with the ease. Just got to wait to see how they find adding feedback. So thanks for your help

Last edited by speacock110 (2016-09-10 23:54:10)

Board footer