Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-25 22:20:39

Ken
Website

problem with Backlight Publisher - error publishing album

I created six different Backlight Publisher Albums in Lightroom. Each Album setup is identical. Each album has between 19 and 33 pictures. All of the Albums published successfully to my test Backlight website, except for one album, titled "3-fall". When I ask Lightroom to publish this gallery, it will publish 7 to 9 images and then stop, returning this error message.

FluxBB bbcode test

When I attempt to publish the remaining files, no files are published and I get the same message. I have exited Lightroom, optimizing the LR database and tried to republish, with the same result. I have deleted the "3-fall" album from Lightroom TTG Publisher and from my test website, then recreated the album, making sure the settings were identical to the other five albums, and added the files to the album. The same experience occurs.

While doing this, I successfully published additional albums, including after receiving the message error message.

Any ideas what might be going on and how to correct.

#2 2016-07-25 22:31:37

Ben

Re: problem with Backlight Publisher - error publishing album

Hi Ken, who are you hosting with?

#3 2016-07-25 22:36:44

Ken
Website

GoDaddy

Linux Hosting with cPanel

A couple of years ago, I had similar issues, but was not using cPanel. This forum recommended switching over to cPanel, which I did and have not had any problems since that time. It is strange that the problem is only occurring with one album.

Last edited by Ken (2016-07-25 22:37:10)

#4 2016-07-25 23:07:57

rod barbee
Website

Is there anything special about any of the images in that album?
Have you tried publishing that album an image at a time until the error occurs? The point of error may be the image. Try doing this and when you get the error, remove the image "causing" the error and try the next image.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2016-07-26 00:00:51

Ken
Website

I did something similar to what you suggested. The one tif file I could not publish had an xmp sidecar file. Non of the other files had xmp sidecar files. I deleted the xmp side car file. Still could not publish it. I opened it in Photoshop, added a curve layer, saved, and was able to successfully publish it.

I hope the xmp sidecar file was the issue and nothing else.

How can I order the thumbnail galleries on my main gallery page? I want the seasonal galleries to be in the correct order.

Thanks for your help.

#6 2016-07-26 00:24:41

Ken
Website

I found the options for reordering under Publisher. Will play around with these.

#7 2016-07-26 00:33:19

rod barbee
Website

for a specific order you'll need to choose the "slug" option and then rename the slugs like you've done for your CE4 site.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer