Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-15 05:59:13

speacock110

Uploaded images

I have my test site close to complete and I am happy with the result, As I learn the what's and more specially the where's of things I am very happy with the new backlight concept.

So I copied my site in full to a new machine this time running windows 10 and IIS. Everything works fine except the banner images that where uploaded. They were both missing ( I have two album page templates for tall and short banner.) I changed the site url in backlight settings and one came back but not the other. Many resets later still missing, Any ideas?

Also where are the images saved so that if I decide to modify one slightly I could just change the image without uploading via Backlight.

Ignore poor English the cat decided it was being ignored so sat on the keyboard, to help!!!!

#2 2016-06-15 06:05:15

rod barbee
Website

Re: Uploaded images

In my experience, sometimes the images uploaded with the Backlight uploader come along with the migration, sometimes they don't. Just upload them again.
(I keep mine in a specific folder on my pc so they're easy to find)

It looks like the images are stored in backlight/data/designer/image_uploads. But they get renamed so you won't really know which is which. If you need to change an image, the best thing to do is probably delete the existing and upload the revision as a new image.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-06-15 16:02:59

speacock110

Re: Uploaded images

Thanks the file had not been transferred. My working folder on my mac is in my One Drive folder. As a safety I have a copy on my Windows Machine that i manually make a copy to the active web folder on this machine. ie OneDrive syncs between machines, but i manually make a copy to test / short term backup. Anyway i found that one of the files in the upload folder was not syncing. when i looked at the permissions of the three files the none syncing one was different. As these files are created by Backlight Upload i would have expected the permissions to be the same. see screen shot
http://nature.stevepeacock-photography. … ssions.jpg

Board footer