Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-12 01:22:41

speacock110

Client Response Gallery and password protection

I am trying to setup my client side response gallery with some simple password protection.

I aim to have an album set in which there are password protected albums. Previously I would publish my Album then control access using htaccess files etc.

With Backlight I thought I would use the password protection in publisher under the features tab. I have had some funny and difficult to explain results as they change when I clear the browser cache (Mac/Google Chrome). The album thumbnails are visible but I am asked to a password to see individual image, however sometimes I am asked for an email to login, which I don’t have. If I remove password requirements all is ok, well except for another issue with not being able to select or give feedback to images.

I have set up a single client but not applied it to the album, I am confused

Each of my clients will have a single album generally so I don’t want to have an album set for each client.
Currently my site is not live as I am learning and converting using my local server

#2 2016-06-12 01:46:45

rod barbee
Website

Re: Client Response Gallery and password protection

Look under the Integration tab in Publisher. What's probably happening is that you've also got your albums set to be managed by Client Response.
This requires that you create a client in Backlight > Client Response > Clients and then assign albums to that client.

Once assigned, the client needs to login with email address and password. If using Client Management, there is no need to set up password protection under the Features tab.

If you want plain password protection, set Client Management to "Stand alone" under the Integration tab.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-06-12 02:22:12

speacock110

So it is one or the other. supose I was too tied up in my previous system.

#4 2016-06-12 03:31:52

rod barbee
Website

Yep. One or the other. The advantage of creating a client and having them log into the album is that their choices and feedback get saved between sessions in case they don't want to have to make all selections before submitting their feedback to you.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer