Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-05 23:28:57

Eric
Website

CE4 Stage and Backlight

Hi all,

as the first landing page on my website I would like to have a CE4 Stage Full Screen Slideshow. By clicking the "Back" button visitor should be linked to a regular Backlight Page "Home" with Navigation etc. The other galleries of the website shall be created by Backlight except the Modules CRG and Cart.

Any idea how I can do this ?

Thank you, best regards
Eric

#2 2016-06-06 00:47:42

rod barbee
Website

Re: CE4 Stage and Backlight

Hi Eric,

I think one or two people have done something similar. See this for instance: http://community.theturninggate.net/vie … hp?id=6501

Are you using just Backlight or Backlight+Pages?  (If it's just Backlight, this will be easier)

Did you want your site index page (yoursite.com) to go to the Stage page (and then the link on the Stage page to taking you to the rest of the site)?

Assuming you're using Backlight + Pages, the reason I ask is that Backlight + Pages requires that the Backlight version of the index.php file be in the root of the Backlight based site.
So you wouldn't be able to have an index page in the root of your site for the Stage page and at the same time have the Backlight based home page in the root of the site.

I'm guessing the structure might need to look like this:

index.php  (your Stage page)
(rest of Stage page support files and folders)
site/   (sub-folder or sub-domain containing the rest of the site)
               backlight/     (your backlight folder)
               galleries/      (your Backlight galleries folder)
               index.php     (your Backlight index file)
               .htaccess      (the Backlight required .htaccess file)

So this means the url to your site would be yoursite.com   (the Stage page)
and the rest of the site would need to be in a sub-folder or sub-domain. Either yoursite.com/site/ or site.yoursite.com

Or you could just go with the normal Backlight home page for now and wait for Stage functionality. (I don't know when that will be)

but if you go the sub-folder/sub-domain route, you should be able to move your Backlight-based site to the main domain once the Stage module is available (and assuming it has the Full Screen Slideshow feature). Just some extra work.

The other galleries of the website shall be created by Backlight except the Modules CRG and Cart.

CRG is coming really soon. I don't know when Cart is coming.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-06-06 10:23:18

Eric
Website

Re: CE4 Stage and Backlight

Hi Rod, thank you for your quick answer. I will go the sub-folder way. Looks the most easy at first sight. I love to work with Backlight, it's so much faster than via Lightroom ! Have a look @ www.ericgeidl.at. Thanks and best regards. Eric

Board footer