Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-03 21:14:41

bjspiers

Help please with what I need

Hi, the TTG products look great but I need help with what to buy.

What I Have:
Wordpress website www.certa-cito-photography.co.uk
Adobe Lightroom 4

What I need
Links from my website to:
Client proofing area for wedding images
Image Gallery with option to buy images via paypal

Am I right in thinking I will need to buy:
TTG CE2 Client Response Plugin
TTG CE2 highslide and photoswipe Galleries
TTG CE2 Cart

Total $100 one off payment ?

Appreciate any advice/help...
Many Thanks
Barry

Last edited by bjspiers (2013-02-03 21:15:34)

#2 2013-02-03 22:50:50

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Help please with what I need

That sounds right.

You may or may not also want TTG CE2 Auto Index, which you can use to create gallery indexes. For example, if you create five image galleries and want a table-of-contents so that you can give out a single link to all five. As an example, the page at this link is an auto index which leads out to several image galleries: http://ce2.theturninggate.net/galleries … e-gallery/

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2013-02-03 23:26:07

bjspiers

Thanks Mathew for your swift response.  Regarding Auto Index, if I, lets say, produce 3 galleries, pre wedding, wedding and post wedding image galleries for the same wedding the client would see all 3 galleries as in your link?

are there any 'idiots guides' videos to set up and use these 4 products?

Thanks again,
Barry

Last edited by bjspiers (2013-02-03 23:26:43)

#4 2013-02-04 00:09:16

rod barbee
Website

To your first question, yes. You'd place all three galleries in the auto index folder online and they'll all appear on the index page.

To your second question: no videos, but several tutorials, including this beginner's guide: http://theturninggate.net/2012/02/a-beg … using-ttg/

There is also a FAQ in the Announcements & Information forum section that might help answer some questions: http://community.theturninggate.net/top … questions/

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2013-02-04 00:31:06

bjspiers

Thanks Rod, I appreciate that, but most of the links are relevant to web design. 

I don't really need that, I just need to know how to install the plugins to Lightroom and use them on my existing server.  I'm sure its all really easy when you know what you are doing, I'm really surprised there are 'no how' to videos for such a good product?  A picture paints a thousand words.........

The second link in the FAQ doesn't work by the way....

Barry

#6 2013-02-04 01:34:21

rod barbee
Website

Link fixed.

That tutorial also talks about how and where to upload the exported assets, so it's a good way of getting up to speed with how the plug-ins interact with each other.

If you want to know how to install the plugins into LR: http://wiki.theturninggate.net/doku.php?id=installation

Basically, it boils down to this if you want to use Autoindex and the galleries:

Design your autoindex page to your liking and export to somewhere on your computer where you can find it.
Upload the entire exported folder to your site using FTP.  Don't use the Lightroom Upload feature.

Design your galleries to your liking (you can save some time creating an autoindex template and using parts of that for the galleries )

gather images for a gallery into a collection and export your gallery.

Upload the entire exported gallery folder to the autoindex folder you uploaded earlier.

repeat as many times as you need

That's basically it. Watch your file and folder names: no space or special characters. just letters, numbers, dashes, and underscores.

On your existing site, create the links to your autoindex page(s)

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2013-02-04 02:04:09

bjspiers

Thanks Rod, that's a little clearer.  I will keep reading, I wont buy anything until i am confident to use it, although I am finding the instructions somewhat annoying and frustrating and it would appear I am not on my own judging by some of the comments on this forum!

Is there a reason why there are no videos showing how to use these products backed up by the existing written tutorials?  I know I want/need the plugins but....... 

Barry

#8 2013-02-04 02:07:16

rod barbee
Website

probably because Matt, the designer, is a one-man band and creating good videos can be very time consuming.

It can take a little time to get your head wrapped around it all, but it's certainly worth it. And there are several of us on the forum willing to jump in and help smile

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2013-02-04 02:10:01

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Because I hate making videos, and because it takes time away from development, which I'm very busy with at the moment. And despite the learning curve, I can say with confidence that our users are very happy with the plugins, the websites they build with them, and the Lightroom-to-Web workflow the plugins allow them.

Matt

#10 2013-02-04 02:13:17

bjspiers

OK, thank you, I'm not getting at you I'm just frustrated!!

I think i will just buy the highslide and photoswipe galleries first and get them working, I assume once I have done that I can buy the rest to get the cart side of it working?

Thanks
Barry

#11 2013-02-04 02:19:22

Matthew
Administrator
Website

You can get the cart whenever you like, but cannot retroactively add cart support to existing galleries. Galleries need to be setup for cart support at time of creation.

Using the auto index is easy if you want it. If you can copy one folder into another folder, then it's as easy as that.

A lot of the confusion you might see here on the forum is users wrestling with some of the optional advanced features. You can very easily setup an effective site or collection of galleries without having to get into any of that.

Matt

#12 2013-02-04 02:20:42

rod barbee
Website

that's basically how I got started with the plug-ins. They're all laid out pretty much the same so once you get used to using one of them, the rest will follow.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#13 2013-02-04 03:04:27

bjspiers

Thanks guys, appreciate your help.
Barry

Board footer