Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-18 12:56:54

bcobb10b

Menu item drag and drop on iPad Pro

In both Safari and Chrome, I cannot drag and drop menu items to resequence them.  When I try and select a single menu item using the drag and drop icon, the entire block of menu items is highlighted with a dark overlay. When I tap and hold a menu item away from the drag and drop icon, a small empty icon appears above the tap point and follows my finger around but initiates no action.

I can work around this for the time being by re-creating the menu items in their new sequence.

Please add this to your fix list, or help me understand how to use the drag and drop feature on the iPad Pro.

FYI, I have not tried this on my MacBook Pro.

- Bill Cobb

#2 2016-05-18 13:16:04

bcobb10b

Re: Menu item drag and drop on iPad Pro

bcobb10b wrote:

In both Safari and Chrome, I cannot drag and drop menu items to resequence them.  When I try and select a single menu item using the drag and drop icon, the entire block of menu items is highlighted with a dark overlay. When I tap and hold a menu item away from the drag and drop icon, a small empty icon appears above the tap point and follows my finger around but initiates no action.

I can work around this for the time being by re-creating the menu items in their new sequence.

Please add this to your fix list, or help me understand how to use the drag and drop feature on the iPad Pro.

- Bill Cobb

Correction - the dark overlay appears only when I 'grab' the drag and drop icon on the last menu item. When I 'grab' the icons for the other items, the empty bubble appears and follows my finger around. I was trying to move the last item (of 5 items) to the top of the list.

The menu is a single level menu, no sub-menu items.

- Bill

#3 2016-05-19 00:11:13

bcobb10b

bcobb10b wrote:

- Bill Cobb

It works as advertised on the MacBook.

#4 2016-05-19 00:19:18

rod barbee
Website

is that a touch screen?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2016-05-19 00:36:04

bcobb10b

rod barbee wrote:

is that a touch screen?

The iPad is; the MacBook isn't.

This should be low priority as the feature works fine on the MacBook, but I hope it will be addressed at some point. I can do most Backlight tasks on my 12" iPad (modify templates, add pages, edit css using Coda, edit content, et cetera) but I'll always need to carry the MacBook in order to publish from Lightroom when we are on the road.

This is a nit - in the big picture, the product rates 'outstanding' in my book. Haven't found many features that I use that Backlight does not support, and design mods are so EASY to implement.  I am about ready to migrate my first CE4 gallery into Backlight -- stay tuned.

- Bill Cobb

Board footer