Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-17 10:09:58

ajward

Home Page Errors & Photo Navigation Issues

I recently installed Backlight and finally managed to get it working. After a few days, I started having trouble with my logo which stopped appearing on the home page. Also, the photo navigation arrows are displayed in a strange ways on 3 different browsers, IE11, Chrome and Firefox.

My website address is www.ajwstudio.com

The logo is displayed properly on the About and Contact pages, however. I am not sure how to proceed. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Regards,

A.J.

Last edited by ajward (2016-05-17 10:10:24)

#2 2016-05-17 10:24:01

ajward

Re: Home Page Errors & Photo Navigation Issues

Solved by clearing the template cache! Happy days!

#3 2016-06-04 15:45:42

ajward

I to have to clear the template cache on a daily basis - otherwise, my icons and nav buttons are faulty when the website is viewed. How do I fix this issue permanently?

#4 2016-06-04 16:35:49

Matthew
Administrator
Website

We have found edge cases where (we suspect) daily traffic from bots is somehow causing page templates to regenerate with bad links to the page's resources. A fix is coming in the 1.0.2 update, due soon, and will hopefully solve this for you.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#5 2016-06-06 02:03:44

ajward

Thanks Matthew,

Using Backlight has rejuvenated my interest in creating a dynamic website portfolio that is separate from my e-commerce shootproof pages. I have used Backlight's customization options to make the two websites appear as if the customer/user is on one photography website, and the requirement to clear my template cache has been the only issue. If fixed, I will be one happy evangelist of your service!!

Regards,

A.J. Ward - Owner of AJW Studio, LLC

#6 2016-06-06 23:40:32

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Thanks, A.J. We expect to release 1.0.2 within the week. I'll be keen to hear whether this problem persists for you after the update.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#7 2016-06-12 02:36:38

ajward

Matthew,

The problem still persists. About twice a day, my icons and logo either disappear or become small shapes until I clear the template cache. My web address is www.ajwstudio.com and I'm not sure what to do about it. I'm trying to generate interest in my photography but this small problem is persistent and detrimental to a good customer experience on my site. I'm not a web designer or IT expert, so I'd hate to have to go back to a wordpress.org site. My site is hosted on Hostgator.

Regards,

A.J.

#8 2016-06-12 03:24:04

rod barbee
Website

Hi A.J.
I took a look around your site and saw that your large images were using the Single HTML presentation. However, you had mentioned the photo navigation arrows earlier.
So I tried applying the fix outlined here: http://community.theturninggate.net/vie … hp?id=6584 and the Photoswipe presentation returned.
Hopefully this solves things for you.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#9 2016-06-12 07:18:12

Ben

Hi A.J., can you email me an admin login to Backlight?  I'll see if there's anything that can be fixed via the admin settings.

Board footer