Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-17 08:23:46

riccardo

Turn off Automatic preview in Web Module?

I am sure I came across the answer to this somewhere, but I can't locate it now.  Is it possible to turn off the auto-update feature when making changes in the Web Module panels? I want to make a host of changes before seeing the preview.

#2 2016-05-17 09:36:45

rod barbee
Website

Re: Turn off Automatic preview in Web Module?

Which version of the plug-ins are you using? CE2 and later (if I'm remembering correctly) don't have an auto-refresh, there's a refresh button.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-05-17 13:32:12

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Hi Riccardo,

Make the web engine you want to use the active engine in the Web module, i.e. you're seeing it in the preview. Then quit and restart Lightroom directly into the Web module.

This should kill the auto-reload until you select another web engine that uses it (such as the Lightroom HTML Gallery).

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#4 2016-05-18 03:40:19

riccardo

Matt,

Thanks - that did the trick.  Much appreciated. 

Rod,  I am using CE4.  I believe the auto-refresh feature is a Lightroom feature, not TTG, but I could be wrong. It seems to be a default feature, that one can't turn off.  Matt's solution works, but it seems there out to be a toggle switch or something to turn it on or off.  It is tedious to have to always wait for the refresh when making changes, sometimes minor, to the layout.

#5 2016-05-18 03:44:32

riccardo

I am using LR 5.7.  Perhaps this feature has been added in subsequent releases, if it indeed is a LR issue.

#6 2016-05-18 04:08:07

rod barbee
Website

riccardo wrote:

Matt,

Thanks - that did the trick.  Much appreciated. 

Rod,  I am using CE4.  I believe the auto-refresh feature is a Lightroom feature, not TTG, but I could be wrong. It seems to be a default feature, that one can't turn off.  Matt's solution works, but it seems there out to be a toggle switch or something to turn it on or off.  It is tedious to have to always wait for the refresh when making changes, sometimes minor, to the layout.

You're right, it's as Matt described. Though I remember earlier TTG web plug-ins would auto refresh (if I'm remembering correctly).

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#7 2016-05-18 08:49:01

Matthew
Administrator
Website

It's a feature referred to in the Web module's API as "live preview". It's a bit broken if you don't want to use it, because it's a bit "sticky" ... when you load a plugin that uses it, the Web module will attempt to refresh any plugin loaded after that when changes are made. Without a live preview script to update the page, though, the Web module simply refreshes the preview. Our 2014 and 2016 HTML Galleries do use live preview, but our CE plugins do not, reason being that they are far too complicated to build a live preview script for. The 2014 and 2016 galleries are relatively simple by comparison.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer