Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-16 05:36:13

oceanman22
Website

Website access since Backlight

Is there anything in Backlight that would cause a browser delay(3-5 seconds)  in accessing my website and I get momentary notices like "site cannot be reached" and "checking Proxy and firewall" or "resetting" It only happens occasionally and with both IE and Google Chrome. It never happened before the recent Backlight update. Sometimes I can get right in and then randomly there will be these  delays and notices and then the site loads. I am using  Norton Security with their default settings. Not a big deal, but something new.

Jim

#2 2016-05-16 08:51:45

Ben

Re: Website access since Backlight

Hi Jim, there's nothing in Backlight that should cause this.  I saw that that for a second looking at your site.  Strangely, the page reloaded automatically after displaying the 'site cannot be reached'.  Are you using some kind of cloud accelerator service with your host?  Who are you hosting with?

#3 2016-05-16 10:20:07

oceanman22
Website

I use Ipower.com and I am in a que now to talk to them. I don't know of any accelerators that I am using.

I also reinstalled the update since your reply  and I am still getting delayed loading.

I did install the index.php which was in the update package. I realized later that it was not required. Could that have made a difference ? Maybe I will find out something from Ipower support if I ever get connected. The fact that you experienced it means that it is not my computer or local network?

I noticed a folder in the root public.html called "site_images", I assume that should be there? it was dated when I did the original Backlight install.

Thanks for your quick reply.

#4 2016-05-16 10:33:35

rod barbee
Website

I have no folder named site_images in the root of any of my Backlight test sites

could this be a leftover from your previous site?

for what it's worth, your site loaded very fast for me.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2016-05-16 11:46:02

oceanman22
Website

Good to hear about the fast loading. I renamed the folder and no adverse effects.

#6 2016-05-16 14:34:57

Matthew
Administrator
Website

site_images is not a part of Backlight. I might be something your host creates automatically. For example, my host occasionally recreates empty plesk folders on my server for no apparent reason.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#7 2016-05-17 00:34:15

oceanman22
Website

After much analysis and experimenting, I installed Firefox and have not had a delayed access since.
Thanks for all the input.

Board footer