Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-16 02:29:49

gary_in_austin

Backlight pages loose the navigation menu sets

My galleries section looks and works like I want
      /FunPhotoshoots/galleries/
but when I create new pages in Backlight, the colors, design and menu sets disappear.

/FunPhotoshoots/services
         /FunPhotoshoots/about/
        /FunPhotoshoots/Model_Testimonials/

I am creating the menu sets in Backlight and then going to Designer and "Create New Page."
From there I am linking to a url since I'm temporarily keeping Backlight in a sub-domain until it's ready to go live
in my main root folder.

Last edited by gary_in_austin (2016-05-17 14:12:16)

#2 2016-05-16 03:03:11

rod barbee
Website

Re: Backlight pages loose the navigation menu sets

If you're creating a page, in the menu set, try linking to the page rather than the URL. It looks like the css isn't getting loaded and linking to the URL may be why (though I don't know the "why" of the why)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-05-16 03:06:15

rod barbee
Website

Also, when you move your Backlight development site to the main root of your site, everything should move with it, including the navigation.
The only thing you should have to do is log into Backlight and change the Site and Company URLs.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2016-05-17 14:20:39

gary_in_austin

Okay, me not making a custom.css was causing the problem.
I have now moved my Backlight site away from my testing sub-domain and it's now live in a sub-folder of my site and works great.
(yes, I also did change the urls in Backlight to reflect the changes). And to note: I do have my own landing page and Backlight lives in a sub-folder causing difficulties linking to a "Page". I'm now linking to urls in my "Menu Sets" and everything's fine.

I found out what the issue was. When I moved Backlight and Pages, the problem occurred again of just showing my extra pages as plain black text on white background, and my logo not centered, my other design colors were gone, and menu sets were gone. And after more reading on this forum (the one you posted, Rod ..thanks.), I created a custom.css file and uploaded to my server, and pointed to it from Backlight under the Advanced Customization section where you're able to choose a custom.css.

The issue was that I had created more "Pages" and the .css file they needed to reference, I had not created.
So, I manually created a custom .css, uploaded it by ftp to my server, then logged into Backlight, choose my .css
..and it works great!!! ...I don't know if this is the preferred method, but it worked for me.

Last edited by gary_in_austin (2016-05-17 14:46:26)

Board footer