Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-15 21:05:11

Rainer Goergen
Website

Custom CSS

For a custom css file I have to know the right name of body, container, div, ....
Where can I find this notations?

Why is there no complete css file where everybody can change the values for the whole pages?

When I made my homepage some years ago with TTG Pages, TTG Slimline I have found the gallery.css and there I could all values change to test what the change has effected.

It would be much more simple also for users who don't know how css works.  Hope you understand what I mean.
I want to create the new Backlight page exactly like my old homepage. So now I have to read for hours about css programming.

Rainer

#2 2016-05-15 22:19:05

rod barbee
Website

Re: Custom CSS

CSS classes for Backlight are not the same as classes in earlier TTG products. So you'd need to study both page structures and try to correspond one to the other.
The best advice I can give is to learn to use the browser's inspector and to learn some CSS.

You can view the Backlight CSS by viewing a page's source code then clicking on the link to the main CSS file. This is the line to look for (the temtlate=6 part will be different for you):

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="index.php?template=6&extension=css&name=style" /> 

(There's actually not one main file. The guys are handling CSS differently, so that the link you click on will show all the CSS, it's all just coming from individual files)

Also, it's never a good idea to alter the original CSS files since they will just be overridden by any update. Any changes should be done in a custom CSS file.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-05-16 14:24:28

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Rainer Goergen wrote:

Why is there no complete css file where everybody can change the values for the whole pages?

Because CSS files are generated dynamically to implement whatever customizations you make via the designer, and are rewritten and cached whenever you make changes. As Rod suggests, you should use the browser's inspector tools and put your CSS into the custom CSS file to prevent it being overwritten by the designer. You should never attempt to edit the template's CSS files; they are fluid.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#4 2016-05-16 14:44:20

Rainer Goergen
Website

Thank you Matt I did it yesterday and I now know how it works.

Rainer

Board footer