Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-11 20:26:15

chris.palmer

Hidden galleries

We have a lot of hidden galleries. In CE4 I was manually maintaining a "page" that contained links to all the hidden galleries (actually it was a gallery with the links in the markdown, and no images). A bit of an inconvenience but it worked.

I was going to do the same in Backlight, but I've noticed the really useful feature whereby the hidden gallieries show up (with the "hidden" symbol) when you are also logged into Backlight itself.

Question: Would it be possible for hidden galleries to also show if I have logged in using the master username/password? I'd rather not give out access to the Backlight admin screens.

Thanks
Chris

#2 2016-05-16 21:10:03

Ben

Re: Hidden galleries

Hi Chris,  it's a good suggestion.  The code to put that in looks to be pretty tricky.   The code behind master passwords was written by another developer years ago, before I even started being heavily involved in TTG.  The mechanism is completely different from the user management built into Backlight, so putting the right checks in won't be straightforward.

In the long term, that code needs to go, probably to be replaced by a new role in Backlight user management.  I hadn't thought about this till you brought it up, so can't commit to any time line on making that change.

#3 2016-05-16 21:56:15

chris.palmer

Re: Hidden galleries

Thanks for the reply Ben. Understood. I'll continue down the route I did for CE4 then and review if it does eventuate.

Regards, Chris

Board footer