Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-11 22:53:00

MartinS
Website

several passwords per album

Please redirect me to any previous answer to such a question:

Suppose I have an album set consisting of 1000 photos in 4 albums. Each album has 250 photos consisting of 50 photos of each of 5 sporters. Since these sporters are under 18, I wish to restrict viewing access to each group of 50 photos so that the parents of one child cannot access the photos of another.  This has come up because of privacy laws and I need to address it.  Compare it to an image bank of school photos (which I have no experience with).

I use 50 as an example but this might well be 10 in one case and 200 in another. I do not see it as an option to make an separate album for each person. I have 100,000 images or so to deal with.

Whilst I am familiar with the "Enable password" feature in albums, it would be handy if I could select the images involved, in the strip, and fill in some password in the exif , just as with using "category" for pricing schemes in the shopping cart, which works great. Is this possible? If not, is there a workaround? Thanks!

#2 2016-03-11 23:31:49

Ben

Re: several passwords per album

The only way to do that would be to separate the photos into individual albums and give a unique password per album.

#3 2016-03-12 00:03:08

MartinS
Website

Re: several passwords per album

Thanks, Ben, for your reply. I was afraid it would be this. Perhaps something to put on a wish list for a future update?

Board footer