Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-23 19:23:09

David@Unleashed

CRG Email not working!!!

Hi, I just upgraded from CE3 to the new CE4 CRG. And finding it somewhat unorganised and disjointed. My main issue right now is that when I select some images from a gallery to test the feedback and selection process. I do not receive an email at the preset business email. The client email seems to work ok. [deleted]

I have setup all the details in the TTG-BE admin area, and am using the "mail" option. Also tried the SMTP setting with my email settings and that didn't work at all. Does anyone have any fixes for this problem [deleted]?

[edited by Ben to remove baseless remarks]

#2 2016-02-23 19:30:50

Ben

Re: CRG Email not working!!!

That the client receives email proves that CRG is capable of sending emails.  Have you checked your spam folder, or elsewhere that your email provider may be blocking receipt of the email?  Have you tried alternative email addresses to verify that the feedback response is being sent out?

Also, unlike the CE3 version of CRG, all feedback is captured in the database and retrievable from the CRG admin page.  So in the event that emails are not received, feedback is still retrievable.  This alone is a huge improvement.

#3 2016-02-25 11:38:45

David@Unleashed

Yes I have tried it with the Vendor address being an email at my domain, and also with a Gmail address. No difference. The client email works but the Vendor email never works.

#4 2016-02-25 12:19:33

rod barbee
Website

I suggest posting a link to a CRG and making sure that guest access is enabled for TTG-BE so that Ben has something to look at. He may need Admin access as well.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2016-02-25 12:35:38

Ben

Have you set Demo Mode to on?
If so both emails will be sent to the client email. If that's the case try turning off demo mode and trying again.
Kindly confirm whether that's the case.

#6 2016-02-25 17:51:32

Ben

Hi David, did that solve it for you? Please let us know so we can close this 'bug'.

#7 2016-02-26 14:59:01

David@Unleashed

Hi Guys, Demo mode is off and most settings have been left as they were from install.
Sending you a PM Ben.

#8 2016-02-26 15:54:23

Ben

Hi David,  was Demo Mode already off or did you switch it off? 
Thanks for the access details.  I set my own email as the vendor email, and received the site owner feedback notification at that address immediately. 
I have since changed it back to your email address and submitted further feedback.  Have you received anything?

#9 2016-02-27 22:24:45

David@Unleashed

It was off at install, and no I haven't received any emails.

#10 2016-02-28 07:07:04

Ben

Hi David, I have tried another test feedback submission, and again received the notification straight away.

This proves that the code does in fact send out emails (and possibly that the software isn't a 'dud', thank you).

Now, where do we go from here? 

I've looked at the mail headers, and it may be the case that your site's email is not well configured.  One possibility is that your host is not aware of the info@... email address.  If so, see if you can set up that address in your control panel.  That doesn't mean you need to use the host's mail service.  It just tells the host that that is a valid address from which they can use when sending email.

If that does not solve it for you, I have also forwarded the email headers in a separate email.  I suggest forwarded that to your host and asking them if there's anything wrong with it and why emails with such headers aren't reaching your preferred email.

#11 2016-02-28 09:16:30

David@Unleashed

Hi Ben, Yes i saw the emails you forwarded to me thanks. The info@ email address is an active email which has been in use for more then 4 years with crazydomains.com.au and worked fine with the CE3 CRG. I also had the same issue when i tried it with my personal Gmail account so its not specific to that one email.

#12 2016-02-28 09:19:23

rod barbee
Website

Have you checked the spam folder in your host's web mail application?

More than once I've found mail routed to the host spam folder that shouldn't have been.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#13 2016-02-28 10:33:41

Ben

This is a matter of your web host being aware of the sender's address when sending out. Your address may be fine for receipt from other sources, but if your senders email is not well configured on your host then it may not be deemed as authentic as it passes the through to your recipient.

Have you looked into what I advised?

#14 2016-02-29 20:15:09

Ben

I'm closing this topic.  I have tried hard to resolve this, and I trust that you now know that there are no flaws in our product that lead to you not receiving emails.  Emails are being sent correctly from the CRG.  That you are not receiving them on your preferred address is an issue beyond the scope of the product.  As advised, there are steps you can take to resolve this with your host.  If you wish to discuss this further, then PM me or open a new topic.

Board footer