Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-21 21:23:41

HaraldJ
Website

Unsorted watermarks list

It's a great improvement in CE4 that a watermark can be selected for an individual gallery.

It would be even better if the watermarks selection list in the Publisher dialog would be sorted. I have over 30 watermarks, and it's a bit annoying to find the right one in what seems to be a random order.

Thanks!!!

Harald

Harald Joergens ARPS
Harald Joergens Photography
Nutfield, Surrey, UK

#2 2016-02-22 19:02:19

Ben

Re: Unsorted watermarks list

Hi Harald, is there any semblance of order?  e.g. lowercase alphabetical followed by uppercase alphabetical?
Publisher obtains that list in an unconventional way.  It looks for the preferences directory that holds watermarks, opens each file, tries to find a watermark ID and title within the file and if successful adds those details to the the list of available watermarks.  The title of the watermark doesn't correspond with the file name, so the order is lost, assuming files were returned in alphabetical order in the first place.
I'll add ordering to my to-do list.

#3 2016-02-22 19:08:27

HaraldJ
Website

Re: Unsorted watermarks list

Ben wrote:

Hi Harald, is there any semblance of order?  e.g. lowercase alphabetical followed by uppercase alphabetical?
Publisher obtains that list in an unconventional way.  It looks for the preferences directory that holds watermarks, opens each file, tries to find a watermark ID and title within the file and if successful adds those details to the the list of available watermarks.  The title of the watermark doesn't correspond with the file name, so the order is lost, assuming files were returned in alphabetical order in the first place.
I'll add ordering to my to-do list.

Hi Ben,

Thanks! I can't see any particular order, this is what the list looks like right now:
lr-watermarks-list.png

Best regards

Harald

Harald Joergens ARPS
Harald Joergens Photography
Nutfield, Surrey, UK

Board footer