Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-19 05:35:46

jeffrey douglass

manage TTG site from 2 computers

Is it possible to manage my site (TTG Web bundle + Stage) from two computers ?
I installed the site from my Macbook, and all is working well. 
I would like to also be able to manage it from an iMac (upload photos from LR, change site behavior, etc.), but I'm not clear if this would create issues.

Any other's experiences doing this ?

Thanks
Jeff

jwdimages.net

#2 2016-01-19 05:47:49

rod barbee
Website

Re: manage TTG site from 2 computers

If you're using Publisher, then the general answer is no. This is because album sets and albums are catalog specific.
You could manage one group of albums in one catalog and another group from another catalog.

If you were to have your catalog on an external drive, then you could manage your site from two computers, you'd just need to connect to the drive containing the catalog.

You can manage other aspects from two computers. Like site design, etc. You'd just need to have the same web templates (as well as the web engines) on both computers.

Another option for your albums and album sets is to use the Lightroom Voyager plug-in to sync published collections between computers
https://alloyphoto.com/plugins/lrvoyager/

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-01-19 06:11:32

jeffrey douglass

Re: manage TTG site from 2 computers

Thanks Rod

I left out potentially relevant info: 
My LR catalog lives on Dropbox, so I currently manage LR from both computers, albeit only one at a time.  I also keep the TTG web templates and web engines in the same locations on both computers.

But so far I have only made site design changes from the MBP, due to a nagging concern that something might get sideways in the TTG modules.

From your post it sounds like site changes should be doable from both computers; I'll just have to keep the templates and engines in synch.

I'll also check out he LR Voyager plugin; hadn't heard of that before.

-Jeff

Board footer