Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-31 21:39:03

TFu

I am new to TTG and have just managed to set up a first site using CE4 Pages and CE4 Gallery. I've also installed CE4 Publisher online and in LR. From CE4 Gallery I have exported one gallery to be used as a template and uploaded it via FTP to ttg-be/templates/gallery, where I can see it via FTP and also get it displayed in the browser at
http://pictures.tfunk.de/ttg-be/templat … rGalleryPW

However, when I want to create the first album in CE4 Publisher I receive the message:
Unable to perform action: listTemplates

Also in the Publisher admin settings under Search (which i do not intend to use) no templates are listed for selection.

Permissions for the folder MasterGalleryPW were initially 750, I have changed them recursively to 755. But this did not help.

Is there anything else to do beyond copying the template gallery to the respective folder? I could not find anything else in the documentation.

#2 2015-12-31 23:43:56

rod barbee
Website

Re: Message: No templates have been created

can you check to make sure that permissions on your /galleries/ folder are set to 755. If that doesn't work, try 777.

also make sure that the permissions for /ttg-be/templates/gallery and /ttg-be/templates/autoindex/ are also set to 755 (or 777 if 755 isn't working)

are you able to authenticate your Publisher set up for the URL: http://pictures.tfunk.de/ttg-be/publisher/

and in Publisher set up, is the Top-level Galleries folder set to 'galleries' (without quotes)?

Looking in your ttg-be, I see no folder set as a Top-Level Gallery folder.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-01-01 17:59:20

TFu

Thanks for your quick reply. Trying permissions 755 and 777 on the various folders recursively did not help. I hope, this did not open up too much now?

Authentication in publisher is o.k. and the top-level galleries directory in publisher is set to galleries. However, even in publisher admin there is no gallery template available to select for search, why I think, that LR setup is not causing the problem.

In ttg-be admin I do not see any option to set a top-level galleries folder. Where should this be set?

#4 2016-01-01 20:05:11

Ben

Looking at the setup file for the template: http://pictures.tfunk.de/ttg-be/templat … /setup.xml

I see that metadata1 is set to "{CameraMake} {CameraModel} <BR> {Lens}".  The <BR> makes the the setup.xml file invalid, which is likely the reason it isn't coming up as an available template.

Two solutions:

1. Edit out the <BR> from setup.xml, so that the line looks like:

<value>{CameraMake} {CameraModel} {Lens}</value>

2. Wrap the value in CDATA, so that it looks like:

<value><![CDATA[{CameraMake} {CameraModel} <BR> {Lens}</value>]]>

The latter may cause further problems, as I'm not sure how well the associated page JavaScript will handle HTML within metadata fields.

(or alternatively for either 1. or 2. above, make the change within the LR web module and re-export the template again.  Only setup.xml should need to be uploaded)

#5 2016-01-02 17:09:32

TFu

Thanks Ben, would have never been able to figure this out myself. The <BR> alone did not do the trick, but deselecting the metadata 1 and 2 did it for now. Do I understand correctly: The metadata are formatted including additional text in the image info section, but in the output settings only the tag names should be given to make these metadata available to publisher?

But now I have come into a second problem: Publisher is now set up and doing its job nicely with one exception: The index of second (or lower) level album sets is displaying an empty page. If I drag such an album set to first level in publisher it displays o.k., dragging it down to second or third level makes the index disappear. By editing the URL I can navigate through all levels down to the album, which displays o.k., only the 2nd (or 3rd) level index is an empty page.

#6 2016-01-03 01:07:21

rod barbee
Website

For metadata to appear in Publisher, you need to make settings in both the Image Info control pane and the Publisher section in Output Settings.

I believe that making the settings in Image Info  adds the necessary structure to the page, while the tokens in the Publisher section of Output Settings adds the data for Publisher created albums.

But now I have come into a second problem: Publisher is now set up and doing its job nicely with one exception: The index of second (or lower) level album sets is displaying an empty page.

That's weird. The page just stops at the beginning of the grid loop.
Can you try creating a new Autoindex template using something other than the Freewall layout. Try Descriptive for now. And assign this template to those lower level Album Sets. Let's see if the problem follows.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2016-01-03 01:41:57

TFu

Have created a TestIndex with Descriptive and assigned to the album sets "Subjects" and "Called Home", which are nested. Also added some text for the block. The text is showing, but the index is still missing in level 2.
This change has also done something strange to the label text in the level 1 index, but I think its unrelated and can therefore be disregarded for now.

#8 2016-01-03 01:51:01

TFu

Have now tried something else to make sure it is not related to my autoindex template. I have exported the CE4 AutoIndex - Default and assigned to these two album sets. Behaviour stays the same. Therefore I assume it has to do with publisher - maybe I again did some weird / unexpected editing smile

#9 2016-01-03 02:31:55

rod barbee
Website

have you recently updated Publisher? If so, did you complete the update process by logging into /ttg-be/publiser/ ?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2016-01-03 02:41:56

TFu

I did my first install one week ago - so no updates yet. But during installation I did check the settings at ttg-be/publisher.

#11 2016-01-03 03:00:30

rod barbee
Website

Seems like Ben will need to look into it. He may need to see logs as well as have admin access to ttg-be.
See: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … g_for_help

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#12 2016-01-03 07:00:40

Ben

Thanks for the files.  This looks like an Auto Index issue.  There's not much I can tell from the browser though.  Can you provide me with FTP access so I can try and work out where Auto Index is failing?

#13 2016-01-03 09:28:18

Ben

I've found the problem.  For some reason the "include" directive fails when passed a relative path (a path with ../ in it).  This only occurs in certain hosts, and we've seen it two or three times now.  Using "include_once" instead does not have this problem.  The latter just ensures that if the same include file was referenced more than once then all but the first will be ignored.  In this case, the included file is only included once, so it makes no difference whether we use include or include_once.  Put this down to a quirk with PHP.

This will be addressed in the upcoming Auto Index 7.0.8.  For now, I've applied the same fix directly to your template by changing line 432 in template_index.php from:

<?php include $resources_url.'/autoindex/autoindex-view.php'; ?>

to:

<?php include_once $resources_url.'/autoindex/autoindex-view.php'; ?>

This fix will need to be made for any Auto Index template_index.php files until 7.0.8 is released.

Board footer