Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-24 09:22:14

alfredb

Digital download and other Cart queries

Got the CE4 cart working, but have found a few issues I have not come across my travels to your wiki and blog. So if already discussed and resolved, my advance apologies. Posting all my queries in one post, but if admin wishes to remove it due to any forum rules, I can post individually.

Based on Rod's excellent http://ttg-tips-and-tricks.barbeephoto. … -ttg-cart/, I set up a dual digital download price scheme. The cart and ordering process works great and publisher creates the images in the 'photos-for-purchase' folder. The problem is that the download images created by publisher are treated the same way as the manually created download images. In other words, both files have a 'Pending file preparation' status after payment confirmation and /ttg-be/data/cart/digital_purchases/ is empty. One thing I did notice was that the 'Download Directory' of the default Digital Download' is empty in the cart admin product edit page (Rod's screen capture in the above link shows 'photos-for-purchase' displayed). Could this be indicative of my problem?

Is there a global way to ensure that the cart status bar appears over entire site (even non cart-integrated pages).
Applies specifically to my portfolio galleries (which are of course non-cart galleries). Have created a workaround by publishing these galleries with a cart enabled gallery template, but with the 'enable cart' option disabled. Works as hoped, but the problem is that the disabled cart icon still appears in the highslide gallery frame and is select-able (although granted nothing happens). Through custom.css I made it the same colour as the background, but still struggling with the cursor changing to a pointer when moved over it (small thing I know, but dammit so close...). Is there another way to ensure a site wide cart status bar?

I removed 'USD' from 'Abbreviated Price Format' in Cart Settings, but it still appears on the cart status bar following the amount. How do I remove it or replace it with 'ZAR'?

What is the function of 'Reset the Cart' in Cart Admin?

Any way of getting rid of all those fake orders in my cart once I'm done testing? At first glance phpLiteAdmin intimidates me.

Once I'm done, what are the steps to backup my cart settings, price schemes and products without the orders?

Thanks

#2 2015-10-24 14:42:30

rod barbee
Website

Re: Digital download and other Cart queries

I can answer a few of these now. Perhaps Ben will know the rest.

Any way of getting rid of all those fake orders in my cart once I'm done testing? At first glance phpLiteAdmin intimidates me.

Try going to the Orders page and clicking on Update. Once in that screen, change the Fulfillment drop-down to "cancelled"

There are also order text files in ttg-be/data/cart/orders/
I'm not sure if deleting these will do the job or not. I may try deleting some from my test site and see what happens. If I do, I'll let you know. (Test sites on sub domains are great places to try things out without running the risk of messing up your main site)

Is there a global way to ensure that the cart status bar appears over entire site (even non cart-integrated pages).

Not that I know of. You'll need to enable the cart in all your templates and Pages (if using Pages). A page (Pages, indexes, Stage, etc.) need to be cart enabled for the status bar to appear.

Works as hoped, but the problem is that the disabled cart icon still appears in the highslide gallery frame and is select-able

Are you referring to the large image? I get the cart icon in the large images in my albums too, but it's greyed out. I think this is normal.
Your solution is probably the easiest thing to do for now.

Once I'm done, what are the steps to backup my cart settings, price schemes and products without the orders?

This is all stored in the database. I suppose you could back up (download a copy) the ttg-be/data/cart/master.sq3 and orders.sq3

I removed 'USD' from 'Abbreviated Price Format' in Cart Settings, but it still appears on the cart status bar following the amount. How do I remove it or replace it with 'ZAR'?

You should be able to just replace USD with ZAR according to the tool tip that pops up when you hover over the "i" icon.

Be sure to click the Reset the Cart button (which will reset the cart and update pricing)
Sometimes you need to clear browser cache. Occasionally, I find I need to quit the browser and relaunch before I see changes take place.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-10-24 19:37:12

alfredb

Re: Digital download and other Cart queries

Hi Rod, thanks for comments. Will look into it.

Yes, I was referring to the large highslide image (at least my cart status now appears above all pages). Solved the currency issue in the cart status bar by disabling it with css.

Feedback on the digital download issue. Overcame my phpLiteAdmin anxieties and entered the 'photos-for-purchase' value into the empty 'Download Directory' field of the default Digital Download product and everything worked beautifully. How it got omitted in the first place remains a mystery as no one else seems to have experienced this. Everything about this cart is excellent, and the digital download system and it's interactive mail communication with the clients adds to its impressive functionality (especially for those of us living in countries with unsupported PayPal currencies).

many thanks to all involved

Board footer