Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-05 17:37:07

stig

Does not even get started :-(

I have purchased Cart, created a template, copied the cart-folder into ttg-be and enabled cart integration for 2 galleries and exported the settings to ttg-be/galleries. I have also configured ttg-be with cart settings.

When I go to web-module in Lightroom with the cart-enabled galleries selected, a Cart is shown in upper right corner of each thumbnail.

I have regenerated / published the galleries on the server.

The problem is that when I open a gallery that is cart-enabled, using the normal website, no cart-symbol shows up in the thumbnail or in any individual pictures, so I cannot test the cart-setups or make my pictures available for sale.

My webpage is stig.familyds.com/stig and the gallery to check is "aktuelle nyheter"

Can anyone give me a hint on how to move forward with this?

Regards, Stig

#2 2015-10-05 22:00:37

rod barbee
Website

Re: Does not even get started :-(

Hi Stig,

first thing to try is assigning a pricing scheme to the album. Right now there is no pricing scheme assigned to the album.

In the Album Edit/Create dialog, under the Integration tab, make sure that you enter a pricing scheme in the "Cart Pricing Profile" field. If you're using the Default scheme, just enter 'default' in the field.

I also noticed that some of your file names have a non-standard characters ( An O with a vertical line through it). This may cause problems as well.

But first, try adding that pricing profile.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-10-06 00:53:38

stig

Thank you for your answer. I was not aware of the need to update anything in the publisher-area.

That got me a step further :-)

Now my problem is that I have a pricing strategy called standard that contains both digital download and printouts, but when i click on the cart only the print option shows up. I am sure this is also some stupid mistake by me, but I need a hint to proceed.

Regards, Stig

#4 2015-10-06 01:02:41

stig

The products showed up, pure magic. Must have been a presaved webpage in the browser somehow.

I will continue to test and learn, this will probably not be the last issue I encounter.

Regards, Stig

#5 2015-10-06 01:03:04

rod barbee
Website

try resetting the cart (link on Cart Admin dashboard page)and clearing browser cache.
I'm seeing both your digital download and print options.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2015-10-08 03:57:52

stig

I am getting closer, but still have some issues I don't control yet:

1) I would like to be able to control the sequence "additional fields" shows up in the cart checkout, I have one field asking for street address and one field asking for postal code and postal place. They should show up after each other, but the last field is placed last of all fields.

2)Shipping pricing: It seems like an old value is stuck in the system somewhere, I have reset the cart and refreshed the web-pages. I get 300 as a value, even if the pricing scheme for standard delivery says 150.

3)Shipping address: I expected the cart checkout would ask for a street and postal address when a physical product was chosen. Is there a way to achieve this?

I guess that I just have forgotten some settings, or not found all necessary settings yet. I am happy with the solution you provide with the cart-module, it is an easy way to make my pictures available for sale.

Regards, Stig

#7 2015-10-08 04:48:52

rod barbee
Website

Ben will have to address 1 and 2. I don't think you can control the order of the additional fields and I can't see where 300 is coming from in your shipping costs either.

3)Shipping address: I expected the cart checkout would ask for a street and postal address when a physical product was chosen. Is there a way to achieve this?

It already does that. I just tried going through the purchase process. When I clicked on "Fortsett til utsjekk" I was taken to the page that asks for Name, address, etc.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2015-10-08 05:00:56

stig

Thank you for your reply.

The page you are taken to ask for street and postal info because I defined the additional fields. The page is the same if you select Digital download.

Maybe I should try this on a device that has not tested this yet, to see if some values are stuck in the system.

You command the norwegian language very good :-).

#9 2015-10-08 05:59:57

rod barbee
Website

You command the norwegian language very good :-)

No, I just typed the letters in the proper order wink

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2015-10-08 15:52:49

stig

To question 1: I do not need to specify the sequence of the additional fields, I just moved the definitions of each additional field to fit the sequence I needed.

I have tried to use the cart on a system that never has been exposed to the cart before, and the system behaved as on my computer: the value 300 still shows up.

I deleted the shipping method "Standard leveranse" and defined it anew, but the value 300 still shows up.

Regards, Stig

#11 2015-10-08 21:18:42

stig

I finally found why the numer 300 show up. I have set "flat shipping rate" to 150 and minimum shipping to 150 and they were added. I did not understand the pricing model it seems.

Now I am happy, customers may start shop anytime :-)

Thank you for your efforts.

#12 2015-10-08 21:48:36

rod barbee
Website

I have set "flat shipping rate" to 150 and minimum shipping to 150 and they were added. I did not understand the pricing model it seems.

That seems weird. And maybe a bug. Something for Ben to comment on though.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#13 2015-10-08 22:25:38

Ben

Most likely not a bug.  Stig, can you provide me with the link and access details to your TTG BE login, preferably using the Email link under my name?

#14 2015-10-16 20:42:54

Ben

Just to clarify in this forum.  The flat shipping rate is applied to an order as a whole.  A minimum shipping per product is added to the flat shipping rate.  So if 150 is set for both, then the minimum shipping will be 300.  It usually makes sense to set either a flat shipping rate or minimum shipping rates per product.

Board footer