Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-02 16:12:32

Leuvenaar230
Website

basic question... need help

Hi, me again... it doesn't go so wel with Stage...

http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … g_galleria
That's what i want to do. However... i'm struggling with the set up.
I completed most of the fields, and i did export the stage folder and uploaded it to ttg-be>templates>gallery.

I guess that's all there is to do... I made a new album via publisher and choose the stage folder i just uploaded. The result is:

- My dropdown menu disappears on that page
- No pictures showing up at all although i could do an upload.
See: http://stevenlefebrefotografie.be/galle … n-doopsel/ (i first want to let it work, afterwards i'l fine tune the lay out)

So please help me out to get this working. I'm probably doing something wrong and can't find it in the documentation.
Thank you in advance.
Steven

#2 2015-09-02 16:51:13

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: basic question... need help

I just visited your link, and the gallery looks okay to me.

So, either you've solved the problem on your own, or I'm not understanding what you think is a problem. Please clarify your situation, and if you still need help, I will take another look.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2015-09-02 16:55:17

Leuvenaar230
Website

Hi Matthew,

I wanted to reply since i solved half the problem (aspect ratio was wrong 0*0 !). It's working indeed, however, i've lost my drop down menu when the gallery is playing... that's normal?
Cheers, Steven

#4 2015-09-02 18:30:02

Leuvenaar230
Website

Hi again,

I discovered that https://www.dropbox.com/s/nwskgwjcr1idr … 3.CR2?dl=0 this picture is the root of the problem. I delete this picture and the gallery is playing. Can you see what's wrong with it? It's strange, all the other pictures of that event are playing: http://www.stevenlefebrefotografie.be/g … d-kuijken/

Thx for your feedback.
Steven

#5 2015-09-02 21:38:50

rod barbee
Website

that image is a 24MB CR2 so I'm not going to download it wink

One thing that can mess up a Galleria slide show is captioning in an image. see documentation:
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … a#captions

as to the navigation, did you enable phplugins and include the server path to phplugins in the Stage template?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#6 2015-09-03 03:14:58

Leuvenaar230
Website

rod barbee wrote:

that image is a 24MB CR2 so I'm not going to download it wink

One thing that can mess up a Galleria slide show is captioning in an image. see documentation:
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … a#captions

as to the navigation, did you enable phplugins and include the server path to phplugins in the Stage template?

Well, i deleted a bunch of information in the caption, and then it worked.

For the navigation, i did enable phplugins and completed the server path in Lightroom (the same like in pages/gallery). Do i need to adapt the phplugins.php file from the stage export and delete the first and the last line of // SITE-WIDE "DROP-DOWN" NAVIGATION MENU w/ AUTO INDEX DROP-MENU?

Last edited by Leuvenaar230 (2015-09-03 03:55:42)

#7 2015-09-03 04:09:08

rod barbee
Website

Do i need to adapt the phplugins.php file from the stage export and delete the first and the last line of // SITE-WIDE "DROP-DOWN" NAVIGATION MENU w/ AUTO INDEX DROP-MENU?

No, you just need the same server path to phplugins. In your case that would be:

/customers/d/3/e/stevenlefebrefotografie.be/httpd.www/phplugins

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2015-09-03 04:20:15

Leuvenaar230
Website

rod barbee wrote:

Do i need to adapt the phplugins.php file from the stage export and delete the first and the last line of // SITE-WIDE "DROP-DOWN" NAVIGATION MENU w/ AUTO INDEX DROP-MENU?

No, you just need the same server path to phplugins. In your case that would be:

/customers/d/3/e/stevenlefebrefotografie.be/httpd.www/phplugins

In stage everything was correct and I uploaded the whole folder as described earlier (ttg-be...)

But to no avail... when i go to http://www.stevenlefebrefotografie.be/g … _centraal/ my drop down menu is gone...  Other possible solutions?

#9 2015-09-03 05:54:03

rod barbee
Website

the only possibilities are that you did not enable multi-level menus in the Site Info > Navigation section of your Stage template or you've not enabled, or haven't correctly enabled phplugins.
the source code leads me to believe you've enabled the drop downs in the navigation section. So that leaves the implementation of phplugins.

Just checking --

is the phplugins.php file located at

http://www.stevenlefebrefotografie.be/phplugins/phplugins.php

the one that's configured for multi-level navigation?
(do you have any other phplugins.php files anywhere?)

If that's so, then in your Stage template (the one you've named "CE4-Stage7"), the section on phplugins should look like this:

steven-phplugins.jpg

your template isn't showing the nav drop downs either so I'm guessing that the CE4-Stage7 template is not phplugins enabled.

feel free to create a user template of your Stage set up and email it to me. I'll take a look. You could also email your phplugins file too if you want.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2015-09-03 14:44:01

Leuvenaar230
Website

rod barbee wrote:

the only possibilities are that you did not enable multi-level menus in the Site Info > Navigation section of your Stage template or you've not enabled, or haven't correctly enabled phplugins.
the source code leads me to believe you've enabled the drop downs in the navigation section. So that leaves the implementation of phplugins.

Just checking --

is the phplugins.php file located at

http://www.stevenlefebrefotografie.be/phplugins/phplugins.php

the one that's configured for multi-level navigation?
(do you have any other phplugins.php files anywhere?)

If that's so, then in your Stage template (the one you've named "CE4-Stage7"), the section on phplugins should look like this:

steven-phplugins.jpg

your template isn't showing the nav drop downs either so I'm guessing that the CE4-Stage7 template is not phplugins enabled.

feel free to create a user template of your Stage set up and email it to me. I'll take a look. You could also email your phplugins file too if you want.

Hi Rod,

First of all thanks for your time spending on my problems. Now it's working. The problem was probably that there were a few spaces at the end of the server path (from copying it from somewhere else). I deleted them, exported again and voilà, everything OK. It's a pity I haven't found this earlier myself. I'm learning ;-)

#11 2015-09-03 20:20:31

rod barbee
Website

That would be a tough problem to figure out since it would look like everything is fine.
Glad you found it!

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#12 2015-09-03 20:30:30

Leuvenaar230
Website

Great, indeed.

Now i'm facing a new problem... I followed your instructions of this post http://community.theturninggate.net/top … tem-video/
So far so good, i can post a video via you tube: http://www.stevenlefebrefotografie.be/g … -in-actie/

But, i want the video's to be under the videos tab. I created some code in the phplugin file. Now my question, using phplugin, if i want an extra menu, do i need to create that in the code or via the navigation in lightroom? I remember that i've deleted earlier blog and service there http://community.theturninggate.net/post/32775/#p32775 post 11.

Thanks for your help, again. One day the work will be finished ;-)

#13 2015-09-03 21:58:57

rod barbee
Website

since you're using phplugins to manage your navigation, the only place to add a menu item is in the phplugins file. What you have for menu items in Lightroom makes no difference.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#14 2015-09-03 22:01:32

Leuvenaar230
Website

rod barbee wrote:

since you're using phplugins to manage your navigation, the only place to add a menu item is in the phplugins file. What you have for menu items in Lightroom makes no difference.

OK, and how do i tell my videos that they have to appear in the video tab?

#15 2015-09-03 22:15:24

rod barbee
Website

not sure what you mean.
did you want a link that takes you to an autoindex page that houses your videos (as described in that post) or did you want the links to the videos to appear in a drop-down from the main navigation menu?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#16 2015-09-03 22:23:41

rod barbee
Website

just looked at your site. Your "Video" link is video.php. This won't work.
as described in that other topic, create an autoindex and name it "video". Upload the entire exported folder to the root of your site.
the url will simply be /video/  (or, more precisely, could make it /video/index.php, it doesn't matter)
This will take the viewer to the autoindex page where you've presumably uploaded your video pages.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#17 2015-09-03 22:29:42

Leuvenaar230
Website

rod barbee wrote:

not sure what you mean.
did you want a link that takes you to an autoindex page that houses your videos (as described in that post) or did you want the links to the videos to appear in a drop-down from the main navigation menu?

Since i can post only 1 video in an album, i wanted one tab where all my videos can sit together.

#18 2015-09-03 22:40:34

rod barbee
Website

then create an autoindex and upload all your exported stage video folders there
That's exactly what Matt has done on the Stage demo page. This is an autoindex with different examples of Stage (including several video pages)
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/demos/ce4-stage/

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#19 2015-09-03 22:47:29

Leuvenaar230
Website

I guess i'll give up today, it's not my cup of tea, thanks anyway for trying.

#20 2015-09-03 23:06:39

rod barbee
Website

I guess I'm not understanding what you want then.

The best way to include multiple videos on your site it is to create a video "gallery" using autoindex as the container for all the videos.
Upload each Stage video page to the autoindex folder and there you have it: a gallery of videos.
(if using Publisher you'd need to create a second Publisher instance aimed at the 'video' folder)

If you wanted a drop down in the navigation that contains links to your videos (is that what you're referring to as "tabs"?), that's a different and more complicated prospect. But totally doable.

So if you can be a little more clear about what you want, we can be more precise in offering suggestions.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#21 2015-09-03 23:18:21

Leuvenaar230
Website

rod barbee wrote:

I guess I'm not understanding what you want then.

The best way to include multiple videos on your site it is to create a video "gallery" using autoindex as the container for all the videos.
Upload each Stage video page to the autoindex folder and there you have it: a gallery of videos.
(if using Publisher you'd need to create a second Publisher instance aimed at the 'video' folder)

If you wanted a drop down in the navigation that contains links to your videos (is that what you're referring to as "tabs"?), that's a different and more complicated prospect. But totally doable.

So if you can be a little more clear about what you want, we can be more precise in offering suggestions.

Well, i did export an autoindex, called it video and dit put it on top of my site, visually under de folder TTG-BE. I did export stage and put the whole folder in video. In summary, yes i want a gallery for all the videos. So far everything correct?

#22 2015-09-03 23:26:46

rod barbee
Website

So far everything correct?

No

i did export an autoindex, called it video and dit put it on top of my site, visually under de folder TTG-BE

Put it in the root of your site, not under ttg-be/
the target for the new 'video' menu item will then be /video/

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#23 2015-09-03 23:39:39

Leuvenaar230
Website

rod barbee wrote:

So far everything correct?

No

i did export an autoindex, called it video and dit put it on top of my site, visually under de folder TTG-BE

Put it in the root of your site, not under ttg-be/
the target for the new 'video' menu item will then be /video/

I guess the language is playing a role too here... I understand "root" as on top of my domain which is (same level as the ttg-be folder):
stevenlefebrefotografie.be >video

Higher is not possible.

If i can have your email address, i'll mail a print screen of my server.

#24 2015-09-04 00:00:05

rod barbee
Website

you're right. the root is the top level of the site, the same level you put ttg-be

my email link is under my name -----------------------------
                                                                                  |
                                                                                  |
<---------------------------------------------------------|

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#25 2015-09-04 00:02:38

rod barbee
Website

so your file/folder structure in the root of your site will look like this:

ttg-be/
lib/
galleries/
video/
index.php
galleries.php
info.php
etc...

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer