Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-02 19:14:41

carsten

Setup autoindex compared to ce3

Hi folks,
i´m just realy confused. I came from a complete CE 3 installation with  autoindex ce3 to ce4 and i´m a bit confused as i could not find a step by step setup documentation for the autoindex like in ce3 in the wiki.
my problem is that i knew from ce3 that there was a autoindex folder with some stuff (autoinde.xml, gallery.xml and so on in it .
When i read the documentation of CE4 it points me out just to add a autoindex template to the ttg-be/templates/autoindex.
So is that pretty all to run the autoindex feature and can i delete now the autoindex folder from my old ce3 installation?

Just to clearify, i use pages, autoindex, cart, gallery, ttg-be. So as i understand the documentation i just have to setup the ttg-be and add the gallery and the autoindex exportd galleries from lightroom. As well i exported the pages to the root of my site (http://select.ipixyou.com/). Now i can publish with the lightroom publisher and every time a do a album set with albums inside the autoindex feature is working as i selected the template file while creating the album set. right ?
Thanks for a clearification :-)
Cheers
carsten

#2 2015-07-02 21:19:49

rod barbee
Website

Re: Setup autoindex compared to ce3

Placing Gallery and Autoindex exports in the ttg-be/templates/gallery and ttg-be/templates/autoindex/ folders is for if you are using the TTG Publisher plug-in as well.

If you're not using Publisher, then just use CE4 Autoindex just as you did the CE3 version.

You're probably going to need to delete everything from your old CE3 setup, not just any AutoIndexes you have. This depends on your old setup to some extent (whether you were using Publisher with your CE3 site)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-07-02 21:29:46

alfred

Hi Carsten, if I am not getting your point correctly, appologies for that, but I have the feeling I went through the same process when migrating from CE3 to CE4. I had under CE3 created the autoindex structure manually.
Publisher is a huge step forward! My understanding is that "galleries" created by pages is an autoindex folder. You can now simply create autoindexes in there using publisher (creating album sets), which become autoindex folders in which you can publish albums using Publisher. Simple and straightforward. All you need to do is creating autoindex templates, which you ftp upload in ttg-be/templates/autoindex. You then use these templates when you create album sets. You also need to create templates for the albums, which go in ttg-be/templates/gallery, which are used when you create the albums, which go into the album sets. My understanding is further, that you can create nested structures (album sets in album sets) as you like. I trust the experts will correct me, if I am wrong. You could also publish albums directly into "galleries" created by pages.

Rod is always faster ...

Last edited by alfred (2015-07-02 21:31:14)

#4 2015-07-02 21:37:13

rod barbee
Website

My understanding is that "galleries" created by pages is an autoindex folder.

My understanding is further, that you can create nested structures (album sets in album sets) as you like....You could also publish albums directly into "galleries" created by pages.

You understand correctly!

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-07-02 22:37:57

carsten

Ok folks so i seem to understand a little bit more :-). By the way i indeed use the publisher out of lightroom.
The new ttg-be is something like a framework structure and the new autoindex folder wich was in ce3 right under my root folder is now located in the ttg-be/template/autoindex folder. So i have the following structure for my whole site:

root/galleries/album sets/album
root galleries/album
root/ttg-be/templates/autoindex/autoindex gallery
root/ttg-be/templates/gallery/gallery template
root/folderstructure of pages

right ?

it would be a great help to have a wiki page that shows the typical folder structure for sandard installations perhaps in comparison to ce3 as this seems to be much easier in CE4 and thus makes it a littel confusing ;:-))
thanks folks for your help!
cheers
carsten

#6 2015-07-02 22:49:31

rod barbee
Website

root/galleries/album sets/albums`
root/galleries/albums
root/ttg-be/templates/autoindex/autoindex-template
root/ttg-be/templates/gallery/gallery-template
root/folderstructure of pages

right ?

Right.

Have you seen the tutorials at the top of the Documents page? This one specifically should be helpful: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku.php?id=ce4_101

And there's this video: http://theturninggate.net/2015/03/ce4-i … -to-video/

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2015-07-03 06:52:23

carsten

Ok thanks rod!
Its getting more clear to me but now i have a new problem. I just set up two publishing services in lightroom for two different arears of my photography. In each i have created a album set and several albums. This worked for a while but i was not able to add images to the cart as it always told me that there are no products.
ok so i deleted my templates in the ttg-be/templates/autoindex and in ttg-be/templates/galleries. checkd the settings of the templates in lightroom an reexported them again and uploaded them in the desired folders.

When i now want to add a new autoindex album set lightroom tells me that there is no template at all even i can see it in ftp
When i add an album i see my template selection dropdown in lightroom as normal.

do you have an idea what has happened to that template?
thanks again for your help!!
cheers
carsten

#8 2015-07-03 07:15:14

rod barbee
Website

This worked for a while but i was not able to add images to the cart as it always told me that there are no products.

Have you created a pricing scheme and assigned it to the albums in question? More info is needed, including links to albums.

When i now want to add a new autoindex album set lightroom tells me that there is no template at all even i can see it in ftp

Double check that the template is indeed an Autoindex export (and is in the ttg-be/templates/autoindex/ folder -- not the templates/ folder) and not a Gallery export (easy mistake to make)

And if you can include links to the templates, that might help too (yoursite.com/ttg-be/templates/autoindex/index-template/)

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2015-07-03 08:01:08

carsten

Thanks Rod you pointed me out in the right direction. I think i deleted my autoindex gallery template while updating it. Lightroom is a bit slow so the change from one to another template has some latency. I think i resaved my autoindex gallery accidentally with a pages template :-)

cart seem to work now also well. It was indeed a problem with a missassigned pricing sheme.
Thanks a lot for all your support!

cheers
carsten

#10 2015-07-03 08:16:28

rod barbee
Website

glad it's working!

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer