Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-10 23:21:10

CappyD

Basic form-to-email not working for me

I am trying to use Form-To-Email, as provided, in my website but a test results in no email arriving.  I get the "thank you" page after hitting Send, but nothing ever arrives.  I checked my Junk folder.  Other than entering my email address in the "Receiving email address" in the Color Palette: Form to email settings section of Pages-Lite, is there something else I need to do to have this work?  Form-to-email type is set to Form-to-email PHP script.  Do i need to set "enable PHPlugins" in the Site Info section, or do I need to modify something in the FormToEmail.php script file?  Thanks for any help!

#2 2013-01-11 03:53:22

rod barbee
Website

Re: Basic form-to-email not working for me

see if any of the suggestions here help:

http://community.theturninggate.net/post/1695/#p1695

There's also an option in the script to set a 'from' email address. You may need to do this if you're not receiving the emails. Look at line 108 in the formtoemail.php file for more details.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2013-01-11 05:54:52

CappyD

Thanks Rod... i'm checking through that material.  Could you just let me know if the usual process for enabling Form-to-Email generally needs anything to be set in the Pages-Lite template other than my receiving email address, or needs any changes to the script file?  I just want to be sure I'm not missing a basic step.  Fortunately, I'm using Bluehost, so i think PHP is set up okay on the server.  Thanks!

#4 2013-01-11 06:21:37

rod barbee
Website

All I've ever needed to do is to fill in my email address in Receiving Email Address field in LR. And make sure that Form-to-email php script is selected. The other option is Form to Email remote, but I don't know what that does.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2013-01-11 06:52:29

CappyD

that's what i was thinking.  good to hear a confirmation.  Thanks Rod.

Board footer