Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-06-24 19:39:23

Ben

Re: VAT within EU

Hi Wolfram,  regarding UID, the extra handling is beyond the scope of the cart.

As you've discovered, the taxation handling for EU is only working for non-back-tax.  That means that if you wish the final price to differ based on whether a customer is in the EU or not, that you'll need to disable back tax calculations.

This limitation is news to me, and the result of having new features that affect each-other in multiple ways.  I'll look into having the total amount reduced for non-EU customers when back tax is calculated.  This may not be done prior to release of 3.1.

#27 2015-06-24 19:41:10

Ben

Further from my last post, I'm not entirely sure that the way that EU tax is being calculated for back-tax calculations is entirely incorrect.  What do you think?

#28 2015-06-24 20:35:15

wolfram

Hi Ben,
sorry for confusion, just found a good solution:
The price in the gallery is the the price without tax, which is the same as for all non European customers.
Afterwards according to the delivery country tax and shipping is added. That´s perfect for me.

If we are talking of an European customer with valid UID-number I need to give him the same status as non-European customers (no tax, only shipping)

We are almost there!
Thanks

#29 2015-06-24 21:19:23

Ben

Hi Wolfram, as said before, such handling is beyond the scope of the cart, at this point of time.  Is that a show stopper for you?

#30 2015-06-24 22:35:24

wolfram

No show stopper, I can live with that
Thanks Ben!

#31 2015-06-29 03:35:43

HvTFoto
Website

Ben,

Had a quick look at the new cart (I'm tied up in other projects requiring my full attention).

For sale to individuals within EU the cart works. However, Swedish regulations require prices be stated inclusive of VAT when selling to individuals or entities not registered for VAT and the prices in my cart is inclusive of Swedish VAT at 25%. Clients outside EU (or VAT registered entities within EU but outside Sweden for that matter) are not to be imposed VAT. The way the cart works in the current beta VAT is not deducted if the client is outside EU. A workaround would be to set up a new cart for clients outside EU but that is likely to cause some confusion so I prefer not to go down that route. For me, the approach suggested/implemented by Wolfram (to state prices without VAT) will not work as that would mean that I don't comply with the Swedish rules. Will it require a lot of work to have the cart deduct the VAT if and when the client is outside EU?

For those of us that have a client base of only individuals we can accept that the cart doesn't deal with EU VAT registered entities but for those that have a client base that includes VAT registered clients I guess it will be more of a problem. 

Regards

#32 2015-06-29 07:11:13

Ben

Thanks for the feedback on this.  I had started coding this logic after Wolfram's earlier post, and will continue to work on it for the next beta or final release.  This will include a setting such as 'Reduce total amount for customers who are not taxed' that only applies when Back Calculation is enabled.

Basically, upon first visit to the cart, it's assumed that tax applies.  So something 10 EUR will appear as such.  Should the customer set the country to something other than the EU, the displayed amount will change to 8 EUR ( 10 EUR divided by 1.25 ).

#33 2015-06-29 21:44:32

Ben

Hi Hans,  I've updated the cart files to BETA 2, which includes the reduction in prices for back-calculation where taxes don't apply.
The changes under the hood are fairly significant, so I'd appreciate any feedback you have.

Note that there is a new setting 'Reduce prices when tax does not apply' directly below 'Back-calculate Sales Tax'.

To upgrade from the earlier BETA, replace the ttg-be/cart/application directory and login to the cart admin.

(For those on older versions, view the changelog for update instructions)

Board footer