Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-27 09:29:01

hjrw

Combining several collections into one Album

I have 10 Collections that I would like to combine into a single Album for use in Publisher.  This is probably a Photoshop issue, but I have been unable to keep the order of the multiple Collections if I drag the photos from the each Collection into a single Album.  Is there a way to accomplish this?

I had about 1000 images taken across Route 66 in California (from several shoots) and combined different regions into individual collections so that I could tackle the editing.  Now I have multiple Collections that I would like to combine, maintaining the order.  I tried 2 of the Collections (all were set to Custom Order) and Photoshop randomized the photos.

If there is a way to Publish these into a single Album, I'd appreciate any guidance.

#2 2015-02-27 12:56:41

rod barbee
Website

Re: Combining several collections into one Album

you're probably just going to have to manually reorder them once you've got them all in one album collection.

Or you could rename them first. maybe prepending them with a sequence. Just continue the sequence from one collection to the next.
Then in the album, sort them by file name.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-02-27 13:22:19

hjrw

Thanks Rod...

I was afraid of that.  I just made a hard copy of the Lightroom grid images for each collection and will now copy them into the Albums.  Real pain!  I think that I'll color rate each Collection, say red, before I copy it to the Album and then maybe I will have an easier time rearranging the images...  then I'll remove the color and copy the next Collection.

#4 2015-02-27 14:25:42

rod barbee
Website

someone over at Victoria Bampton's Lightroom Forums might have a better idea. Those people know a lot.
http://www.lightroomforums.net/

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2015-02-27 17:08:43

hjrw

Thanks for the link...  I tried the following:
(1) Dragged 1 collection into the Album, colored it purple.  This time, as it often does, the 1st photo belongs in the middle of the collection.
(2) Corrected the order (moved the one photo). 
(3) Selected the last photo in the Album (not sure if this was necessary, but it worked). 
(4) Colored the next Collection red. 
(5) Dragged it to the Album.  Again, the first photo of the second collection was misplaced, but the first Collection remained sorted and the second collection remained sorted (except for the first photo). 
(6) Colored the Album purple. 
(7) Repeated for each Collection.  Each time the first photo was incorrectly placed, but all others were sorted correctly.

I colored the Collections so that I could identify the added Collection.  Seemed to work!

Board footer