Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-03 14:00:57

hjrw

No products available for purchase

I finally got my cart to work ONCE.  I went back to ttg-be Cart Setup and tried to correct a shipping pricing error (no matter what I did, it doubled my shipping price).  Now all I get is no products available for purchase, so I am dead in the water.  I have no idea what happened.  It seems that all of the details for setting up Cart are not complete yet, so I have been trying every combination I can think of.  The diagnostics page comes up all green.

I know that I am not providing much info here, but I don't have any idea what to try to provide.  My pricing scheme is named "prints" and as I said, I got the order dialog one time, then nothing.  I've been changing parameters for 2 hours now and cannot get anywhere.  What do I need to provide to get back to square one?

Last edited by hjrw (2015-02-03 14:01:39)

#2 2015-02-03 14:19:42

rod barbee
Website

Re: No products available for purchase

please provide a link to a cart enabled gallery or album

also make sure that you've enabled guest access to ttg-be and provide the login, if it's not at the default

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-02-03 15:02:43

hjrw

Thanks Rod

I believe that the guest login is the default. 
A gallery would be   http://caddinfo.com/photo-now/galleries … 66-arizona

-Herschel

#4 2015-02-03 23:03:22

rod barbee
Website

guest log-in is not working. The default is username: guest  password: ttg8888

but a guess: this problem can be cause by selecting "Mixed Pricing"  in the templates Output Settings under the Cart setup.

If you're using mixed pricing you must provide the name of a pricing scheme in the Category metadata field of each image.

Since your album is set up to use the "prints" scheme, (and if that's the one you want to use for all images), then you don't need mixed pricing.

It looks to me that your template is set up for mixed pricing since the one image in the template has "prints" as the value in the data-price attribute.
Try unchecking the Mixed Pricing option and re-upload the template.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-02-04 02:46:09

hjrw

I unchecked "mixed pricing" from the gallery template and reuploaded the gallery.  No change.  The guest pw is now back to  default.

Thanks for trying to figure it out.  I changed that setting and the template name in ttg cart admin to use the revised template.

I tried it with a top level album (Luke AFB) as well as a couple of albums within an album set (Rt 66 AZ and KS) just in case...

Last edited by hjrw (2015-02-04 02:57:25)

#6 2015-02-04 03:02:12

rod barbee
Website

not sure if pricing scheme names are case sensitive. But your album is looking for "prints" and the name of your scheme is "Prints"

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2015-02-04 03:34:12

hjrw

I think I just changed it but it made no difference.  Have no idea what the difference is between title and products.  If I change the name field, it changes the title, then the name reverts to admin.  Both product and title are now "prints"

I'm really confused since it worked once (shipping was wrong) and I think I only dabbled with the shipping numbers and it no longer worked.

Last edited by hjrw (2015-02-04 03:35:35)

#8 2015-02-04 03:36:59

rod barbee
Website

it's working on my end. Be sure to clear the cache and refresh the browser.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2015-02-04 03:40:17

rod barbee
Website

in the pricing schemes area, title is the name of the scheme. Under Products are the names of the products assigned to that scheme.
What may be confusing is having a pricing scheme with the same name as your products. So, for example, if you named the pricing scheme something like 'prints-1', that might be less confusing. But it's working now so probably best to not change it. Just something to think about for any future pricing schemes you might come up with.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2015-02-04 03:41:53

rod barbee
Website

be sure to look over your pricing too. You've got 8x10 more expensive than 16x20.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#11 2015-02-04 03:58:13

hjrw

Thanks!  All seems to be working.  I placed an order in the PayPal sandbox and got my order confirmation...  I think I fixed the pricing.  Is there any way to reorder the items so the 8x10 comes first without making it 08x10? 

So I've probably been spinning my wheels trying to get it working when it was the browser cache messing me up!  Now I need to get the rest of my galleries uploaded and turn off the sandbox in PayPal.

Any design change ideas for the site?  My CE3 site is www.photographs-now.com.  As soon as I get everything running I'll be pointing that domain to this site (rt-66.com.

Again, many thanks!

#12 2015-02-04 05:05:35

rod barbee
Website

s there any way to reorder the items so the 8x10 comes first without making it 08x10?

not that I can see.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#13 2015-02-04 05:42:11

Ben

Have you tried adding the attributes and options in the order that they should appear?

#14 2015-02-04 06:11:18

hjrw

I have them listed in Product Attributes as 8x10 (top), 11x14 (middle), and 16x20 (bottom).  I tried inserting a space before the 8 but it removed it...

#15 2015-02-04 07:57:32

hjrw

I am stuck again.  I tried to add downloadable files to my store.  I created a new template with this enabled.  I turned on Digital Downloads in the Cart Admin.  I get the no products error.  I turned off digital downloads and updated the gallery to the old template that worked earlier today.  No luck.  No products again.

This cart admin / template cart integration seems very unstable.  Once it quits working it takes me 12 hours to get it working again.  I can no longer make any changes to my site except add galleries, since it seems that any change that I make breaks it permanently.

HELP!!!

#16 2015-02-04 08:12:26

rod barbee
Website

you don't have any pricing schemes that include digital download.
Create a new scheme and include the Digital Download product. Or add it to your existing "prints" scheme.

this might help:
http://ttg-tips-and-tricks.barbeephoto. … -ttg-cart/

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#17 2015-02-04 14:47:27

hjrw

I am totally stuck.  I have no idea what I have or what I need to do to make this work again.  It worked for an hour.  Many of the selections are not documented, and there are far too many to try every combination.  I have tried both with digital downloads and without.  i think that I returned everything to where it was when it was working (same templates, settings, galleries, etc.) but no luck.  I am working in the blind here.  I've spent the past 8 hours trying things to no avail.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

One example of documentation that I can't find is what is mixed pricing?  I don't understand how it can work, I change a template to try digital downloads, it no longer works, so I restate the original template that works, and it still doesn't work.

I seem to recall that there were checkboxes in the ttg-be Cart Admin to turn on and off pricing schemes.  I don't see them anymore.

There must be a better way.

Last edited by hjrw (2015-02-04 14:49:50)

#18 2015-02-04 14:58:04

rod barbee
Website

Pricing schemes include Products. When you create a pricing scheme you place check marks on the products you want to include in that scheme. You the assign prices to those products under Manage Pricing.

Mixed pricing allows you to assign different pricing schemes to different images in your gallery. See if this help clear it up: http://ttg-tips-and-tricks.barbeephoto. … d-pricing/

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#19 2015-02-04 15:06:24

rod barbee
Website

I see that you've created a Digital Download product and a new pricing scheme that includes the digital download product.
Have you created a new album or changed your existing album so that it's using the new pricing scheme?
You can change that in Publisher in the album create/edit dialog box. I believe it's under the Integration tab now. Type in the new pricing scheme in the appropriate field.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#20 2015-02-04 16:26:23

hjrw

I entered "Standard Prints" (my name for physical prints) in the Publisher edit box (Cart Pricing Profile) under Integration) for the Albums.  It now works again!  It appears that I managed to define two pricing schemes.  One is "Standard Prints" for physical prints that are shipped, one is "Prints" that includes "Standard Prints" and "Digital Download."  If I enter "Prints" rather than "Standard Prints" I get the same "Standard Prints" dialog when I select an image to purchase.  I do not see "Digital Download" as a choice.  If I enter "Digital Download" I get no products available.  Is this where I need to set up "Mixed Pricing" for the template? 

Also, what do i need to do to have "Digital Downloads" function?  I understand that I need a copy of the images with the same names in a "photos-for-download" folder at the same "level" as the "photos" folder for that gallery.  Can you provide some links for other settings that need to be made?

Thanks again!

#21 2015-02-04 23:12:53

rod barbee
Website

you probably need to actually have downloads available before the choice of Digital Download appears.

If you want Publisher to create those the enable that option in your template under Output Settings > Publisher Setup > Image Downloads for Sale

(this option will will create jpgs at the size you set-p to 5000px. If you need something else, like tiffs, then you'll need to upload manually.)

You'll need to republish your gallery. Make sure that the "Push Metadata..." option is unchecked in Publisher setup

http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … e_download
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … _purchases

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#22 2015-02-04 23:45:47

rod barbee
Website

also, I notice that the name of the template you're using is "no_download_gallery_template....."
Have you changed this template so that it creates downloads?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#23 2015-02-05 05:33:13

hjrw

Hi Rod

The no_download name referred to no "free" downloads.  I am the photographer for several car clubs and I allow those photos to be directly downloaded from the galleries.  I may change that once I get everything working to somehow allow them to be "purchased" as digital downloads at no cost, so they may be accumulated in the cart.  Any ideas on how to do that?

Since I don't have too many albums uploaded yet, I may do some renaming and reload the photos so that they have uniform names.  (I tried with initials-yymmdd-hhmm-filename_sequence_number but I have a number of photos that I have appended "-edit" or "-v2" etc to the name and the auto-naming algorithm in Lightroom can't find the sequantial number since it is not at the end of the name, so I have had to manually edit the names.)

Just out of curiosity, is there a way to create virtual copies with the new names so I don't  have multiple copies of the images on disk?

#24 2015-02-05 06:35:36

rod barbee
Website

Just out of curiosity, is there a way to create virtual copies with the new names so I don't  have multiple copies of the images on disk?

Not that I know of. You might want to ask over at Victoria Bampton's forum. Those people know a ton about the inner workings of Lightroom
http://www.lightroomforums.net/forum.php

so they may be accumulated in the cart.  Any ideas on how to do that?

I don't believe that's currently possible. I imagine it would require creating clients in a database so their choices can be saved in the Cart, like Ben and Matt have done with CRG for the client selects.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#25 2015-03-12 00:59:19

bgoddard79
Website

Not sure if this is the correct place to put this but all of the sudden I am getting the same error. I set all this up back around new years and everything was working. I got an email from a potential customer alerting me to the error. I poked around a bit and didnt see anything jump out at me as being incorrect. I havent made any changes to my knowledge since I set everything up.

Here is an example gallery that gives the error.

http://bradgoddard.com/galleries/03-landscapes/

I have guest access set up as: guest/ttg8888

If Rod or someone has a chance to take a look I would appreciate it.

www.bradgoddard.com
Weather, Landscape, Fine Art

Board footer