Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-31 03:28:24

wmmurray

Help with set up

Okay so today I decided to take the leap from CE3 CRG to CE4 CRG with publisher to get the benefits of a database and more stable email responses. 5 hours later and I've hit a block wall.
So far I've managed to accomplish the following

-I've installed CE4 CRG
-Installed TTG BE
-Installed Publisher and set up the lightroom module
-Can log into the admin page (success!)
-Created a galleries directory and set the permissions

Here's were it gets goofy.

When I upload a CRG to the new galleries directory and try to assign it to a client, the admin page says that "No CRG-enabled albums were found". Not sure if I've messed something up in setting up the galleries directory in the wrong spot, or inside the Lightroom module.

Thank you in advance for any help

Billy

#2 2015-01-31 05:08:45

rod barbee
Website

Re: Help with set up

Hi Billy,

you need to upload your exported CRG to the ttg-be/templates/gallery/ folder. It needs to be there for Publisher to create albums.
No need to directly upload to your /galleries/ folder.

http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … y_template

Once that's in place, in Lightroom's Library Module, go to Publisher Services (have you installed and configured the Publisher plug-in?) and create an album. Be sure to select the CRG template you uploaded earlier and go to the Integration tab to select Managed by CRG Admin in the Client Management field. Click Create and then click Publish to upload the images.

In the CRG back end (log inoto ttg-be and choose Client Response Gallery Admin). In the Clients area, you'll now be able to assign the album to a client.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-01-31 07:04:03

wmmurray

Rod,
  Thank you once again. I was able to post everything and create a "bogus" client, log in and view the gallery!!! Now after some excedrin I have but two issues. The CRG template that I exported in the set up is not displaying the Legend for some reason. I deleted the original and re-uploaded another with all the right settings and still no legend? Any tips? Second is i am still having email issues. I have tried GMAIL..nothing sends. My site is hosted through GoDaddy, have you had any luck with them?

#4 2015-01-31 07:34:52

rod barbee
Website

The CRG template that I exported in the set up is not displaying the Legend for some reason.

By default, albums and album sets do not display the text in the templates. In the album/set creation/edit dialog, in the Content tab, you'll see buttons that give you options of placing the template text.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-01-31 07:37:09

rod barbee
Website

Ben will need to address your mail issues.

It will help if you provide a link to your site as well as enabling at least guest access to ttg-be

(have you set up your email info in ttg-be?)

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2015-01-31 07:58:52

wmmurray

Thank you sir.
Website: http://clientphotos.williammurrayphotog … n/?a=login
login: Guest
Password:Guest

I just off the phone with GoDaddy and they seemed uninterested in helping me with my email and more interested in selling me a new domain..go figure.

They said that using smtp through Godaddy cannot be done? I mentioned PHP mail and said I would have to talk to you. On the bright side I created a bogus account and used my Apple .me address as the customer and that went through. Maybe I am just gonna have to use that one. Thanks again

#7 2015-01-31 11:09:59

Ben

Hi you said that an email went through.  Was that sent using 'mail' rather than 'smtp'?
Was the sender address on your received email the one you specified or some host-specific address (e.g. user1234@host.godaddy.com - completely made up, I have no idea what GoDaddy would use as senders addresses).  If it's something like that then it may help to set up your sender's address in the cpanel of GoDaddy.  You don't have to use GoDaddy for your email.  Such as account is just a dummy account, but it will help inform GoDaddy that it's a real email address, and so GoDaddy will be more likely to use that as your sender address when using 'mail'.  A more legitimate address is more likely to make it through to the receiver's inbox.

#8 2015-01-31 11:39:18

wmmurray

Hi Ben thank you for helping. I did actually receive an email earlier from the @me.com (Apple) email. That was set of as the client and a gmail address was set up to receive the feedback. I did not ever receive the email from google, and have tried multiple times after that with no emails. I'm not sure what the settings were but I can tell you it was smtp and not mail, i'm not at all educated in php.

When i switch to mail I cannot fill out any of the fields.

I did set up a GoDaddy email account and the tech rep. was able to send a php email from within my account. He couldn't tell me how that would be set up in TTG though. Hope that helps?

Last edited by wmmurray (2015-01-31 11:41:02)

#9 2015-01-31 11:46:00

rod barbee
Website

we can't see an image on your computer wink
post the image to your website and then put the url to it between the image tags that appear when you click the little picture icon at the top of the the message box. it's the one next to the color wheel.

when you use the plain Mail option you won't be able to fill out any of the fields.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2015-01-31 12:07:50

wmmurray

duh sorry. screenshot.JPG

#11 2015-01-31 12:17:13

wmmurray

Stop the press...just figured it out using GoDaddy email!!!??? Now just gotta get Apple Mail set up, errgghhh.

Board footer