Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-23 23:51:53

fiend

How can a client save their selection?

Hi again!

Don't know how a client is supposed to save their selections to be able to continue with them later on?
Is there a button for saving or am I missing something?

Best regards
Fredrik

#2 2015-01-24 00:50:34

rod barbee
Website

Re: How can a client save their selection?

If you're using Publisher to manage your CRGs, selections are saved in real time on the fly.
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … se_gallery
When your clients leave feedback, there's also a button in the Feedback form to save the feedback for that image

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-01-24 01:39:48

fiend

"Client selects and feedback are saved in real-time to the database. This allows clients to quit the gallery and resume at a later time, and prevents the accidental loss of work. "

What is "Publisher" then? I'm doing as I've always done with no:3-version.. and upload it to my FTP.. and then login as a guest.. and when I check my selections, they are not saved?
Is it another way to do this other than pressing "upload" ?

Last edited by fiend (2015-01-24 01:40:49)

#4 2015-01-24 02:33:08

rod barbee
Website

I believe the only way that your clients can make selections, quite the browser and then come back later, log in, and continue is if you also use Publisher to manage the galleries.

However, with a traditional uploaded gallery, from the same browser, even if they close the tab, they can come back to the gallery and continue selecting and adding comments. But once they quite the browser, their selections will clear.

Otherwise, their feedback is recorded in the Client Response admin area of ttg-be (as well as sent to you via email)

What is "Publisher" then?

Publisher makes use of Lightroom's Publishing Service. It makes it so you no longer have to export and upload every single gallery you make for a client. Simply gather the images and create an album in the Library's Publisher Services. And it's easy to add or delete or re-order the images. Or change page text. All without needing to export and upload.

More about Publisher here: http://shop.theturninggate.net/collecti … /publisher (though not noted on that page, Publisher also supports CE4 CRG)
and scattered throughout the blog: http://theturninggate.net/?s=publisher

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-01-24 02:36:04

fiend

The best thing would be that the cilents "selections" would be saved directly on the page.. as they click and I can see that in that "admin"? Never used it though.

Using the Publisher, can I setup different URLS aswell as different logins for every gallery that I send to the publisher?

#6 2015-01-24 02:52:05

rod barbee
Website

Publisher gives you the option of having your client galleries managed by the CRG Admin or to create stand-alone albums.

If you opt to have them managed, you'll need to create a client in "Clients" section of the back end and assign an email address and password. These will be used for the client to log into any of their galleries.
After publishing an album, you'll go back into your admin area and assign that album to your client.
This option is the only way that your clients can come back later, sign in to their albums(s) and continue where they left off with feedback.
All feedback is stored in a database and this is the only way for clients to be able to access that information.

If you opt for the stand-alone album, then you can password protect the albums. But they won't be managed in the back end and clients won't be able to close the browser and then log-in later to continue where they left off.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2015-01-24 03:15:17

fiend

Alright.. lets see if I get this right.

With the publisher I can login to the "Admin" and manage my customers there..  and give my clients an email and a password. Can the email be a username? Or does it have to be an email?
Then I can assign galleries to a client.

If I have Company X, they will have one login (only).. for example ceo@companyx.com where the user can login and see "Album1, Album2, Album3".
I can't have several logins to the CompanyX? Like ceo@companyx.com, support@companyx.com etc.?

CompanyY will have a separate login (ceo@companyy.com) and password.. and will only see their albums?

#8 2015-01-24 03:44:26

rod barbee
Website

the email field needs to be an email

you can set up your clients however you like.
If you want company x to have several log ins, just create several clients for company x.
One client would be ceo@companyX.com, one would be support@companyX.com, etc.

and it looks to me that you can assign the same album to all those different clients at companyX

Clients logging in through the CRG admin can only view and add feedback for the albums assigned to them.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2015-01-24 04:15:58

fiend

Maybe I will have to try that.. but you will have only 1 URL for all clients/companies that they use to login?
Or can they login through the albums I publish?
Like unique URLs for login for each customer?

#10 2015-01-24 04:27:22

rod barbee
Website

your clients can log in to one of their albums, either from an index page or from direct URL that you send them. When they log out they're presented with a log in screen. Once they log in again they'll see a page with links to all their albums.

Or you can send them a direct link to the crg login page. After logging in they'll see their albums.

Here's the log in page of my test site:
http://ce4.barbeephoto.com/ttg-be/crg/
go ahead and sign in using the email: woof@wag.com and the password woof.

At the moment, there are two albums assigned to that "client"

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#11 2015-01-24 04:31:58

fiend

Seems to work quite nice smile I tried to check some and then put up another browser.. (FF and Chrome different sessions) and the checks was there.

When I'm in the statusbar or checking images that I like.. the pointer is a "text-type"-pointer and not a "click"-pointer?
I think that I like your orange color better than the blue I got now.

#12 2015-01-24 05:35:13

rod barbee
Website

When I'm in the statusbar or checking images that I like.. the pointer is a "text-type"-pointer and not a "click"-pointer?

I believe the "finger" pointer is just for hyperlinks.

The colors for selections are controlled in the Client Response Setup under Selection Icons in the Appearance control pane

the colors for the status bar are controlled in Output Settings > Status Bar

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#13 2015-01-24 05:47:29

fiend

I belive that the "write text" is confusing when you actually "click" on the button to check it.
Like the buttons you have in this BBcode-editor. Would be quite crazy if you put your mouse to hover over the button "B" and it showed the same pointer as when you try to write text in the message-textarea? smile
I would like to have the "hand"-pointer to all of the action-buttons in both the action-bar on the top.. aswell as "click" to check-image-button.
When you put your mouse to hover the "edit comment"-button.... or "download".. it will show the correct one..
Or in the bar on the top.. when you hover above the "X" to logout.. its the correct hand.. but NOT when I try to hover on top of either of the other ones? smile
It should display a hand on all of them.

#14 2015-01-24 05:56:36

rod barbee
Website

I think people can figure it out. It doesn't take long to see that if you hover your pointer over a checkbox and click that the check box actually gets checked.

I don't know that it should use a hand on all of them. The one's that do use a hand are actual hyperlinks opening new window or pop-ups.

I don't know if there's a way to alter the browser's behavior with such things. These are html elements and the browser reacts to them accordingly. But if you know how to alter that behavior, you may be able to accomplish it using phplugins.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#15 2015-01-24 06:05:54

fiend

Its not that hard to fix..
Add this CSS

.fa-fw:hover {
    cursor: pointer;
}

#16 2015-01-24 06:22:57

rod barbee
Website

there you go! just add that to your custom.css file

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#17 2015-01-24 06:35:59

fiend

Perhaps you can add it to the template -original CSS aswell? smile
I will have to find the custom-css now and make changes there myself big_smile

#18 2015-01-24 06:41:13

rod barbee
Website

not me (see my signature below). Matt's the designer and creator, and he makes good choices when it comes to web standards.

And it seems to me that the way it is now is normal form behavior.

There's simply no way Matt can include every single option. If he did, the plug-ins would probably bog the web module down to the point of uselessness. custom css is there for any custom modifications you want to make. I use it for all sorts of customizations.
Here's how to enable custom css: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … custom_css

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#19 2015-01-24 06:44:19

fiend

well.. not to be that guy..but I think you are really wrong here smile
But that's me. Matt can probably check this out aswell if he (like me) is a web developer / web designer.
I will fix my custom.css and later on I will see if you will fix it for all other customers.

#20 2015-01-24 07:12:01

rod barbee
Website

I very well could be wrong! (wouldn't be the first or last time) smile

But I'm not the designer, Matt is and it's ultimately up to him what goes into his plug-ins.

(and phplugins and custom css is there for anyone wanting to do their own thing)

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#21 2015-01-24 07:41:53

fiend

Yes! smile I will check my custom.css and Matt can check (when he gets the time) for the pointer-cursor for the rest.
Thanks for the help!

#22 2015-01-27 08:36:22

mous

Hi,

I bought the CE4 Client Response Gallery, because the webpage on the shop stated clearly: " Client selects and feedback are saved in real-time, preventing accidental data loss and allowing clients to quit the gallery and resume their work at a later time. "

In this thread I read about something extra I need to get this option. How does the CE4 differ from CE3 which I currently own too.. I upgraded for this 'real-time save' function.. It's a bit disappointed to see TGG doesn't live up to their promises.

Does anyone know how to contact them, except this support forum? There is no contact information to be found.

Can anybody link me to the product I do need to get the real-time saving stuff going, before I buy more stuff that doesn't do what is promised?

#23 2015-01-27 08:54:54

rod barbee
Website

CE3 and CE4 versions of CRG differ in substantial ways, the inclusion of a database and client management being two huge improvements.

CE4 saves the selections in a database in real time. You can access this at any time through ttg-be (which comes with CE4 CRG).

Stand-alone CE4 CRGs can do this, but since they're stand-alone, they have no mechanism for a client to log in, thereby enabling the database to save selections with client. To get the client management features, you need CE4 Publisher as well.

If you want your client to be able to work on selections and come back, say, the next day and work on more, you'll need to use CE4 Publisher too. (plus, Publisher makes your gallery publishing life a lot easier)

Contact TTG from the Support Page

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#24 2015-01-27 17:55:10

Ben

Technically, feedback from standalone CRG galleries are saved in real time too.  However the feedback isn't linked to a client so isn't findable in the CRG admin.  It's still there, should we find it useful to add a function for admin to be able to retrieve it.

#25 2015-01-27 21:11:34

mous

I bought the publisher this morning.. I am unsure what link to send to my customers to login though.. I can't seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it while reading another thread.

Last edited by mous (2015-01-27 21:24:14)

Board footer