Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-21 23:07:55

jimvee

Masonry Layout for Auto Index

Is this no longer possible?

I'm trying to recreate my CE3 galleries page and it seems that it'll look sadly lacking...

Please tell me I'm mistaken.. or that you're working on it.

thanks

#2 2015-01-21 23:13:02

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Masonry Layout for Auto Index

Lately I've only been working on the Client Response Gallery. Now that's done, though, I can maybe get back to thinking about Masonry for auto index, among other things.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2015-01-21 23:34:20

jimvee

Please do Matthew - I'm sure I can do something with this by designing individual thumbnails but..

Auto index appears to form a much wider role in CE4 and it really would benefit from a few more options. A masonry layout would be massively helpful.

Please

#4 2015-01-27 18:12:14

hjrw

Even without the masonry layout, the ability to add borders and shadows to an autoindex page would be nice.

#5 2015-01-27 23:24:23

rod barbee
Website

custom css for borders on iconic album containers:

.album-mantle {
        box-shadow: 5px 5px 8px rgba(0,0,0,0.5);
    }

border can be added to iconic albums in Appearance > the AutoIndex: Border

if you need to add borders and shadows to the page itself, do that in the various sections (Site info for masthead, nav, footer, etc;Color pallet for Block; and Appearance for grid area.)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#6 2015-02-11 14:58:33

hjrw

I have tried a bunch of settings under Appearance > the AutoIndex: Border to try to adjust the size of my iconic images.  At the moment, I have set the aspect ratio to 1:1 so that I can display vertical as well as "normal" images.  I have tried 3 and 4 columns.  My images are small in 4 column mode and tiny in 3 column mode if I set a background color.  I cropped an image to about 3000x2800 px as a trial, but it does not fill the frame.  What determines the size of the AutoIndex image?  A couple of screen shots are below (top is 3 column, bottom in 4 column)

www.caddinfo.com/AutoIndex.jpg

Last edited by hjrw (2015-02-11 15:00:47)

#7 2015-02-11 21:26:26

rod barbee
Website

What determines the size of the AutoIndex image?

In Lightroom, it's the thumbnail size. But realize, while you're in Lightroom, the thumbs you see are for design purposes only.
The actual thumbs on your site will be drawn either directly from the thumbs of the galleries within the index or from custom thumbs you've created for the purpose.
The Iconic layout is better suited to using custom thumbs because any thumbnail used will fill the iconic container.
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … uts#iconic
So if you've set up the iconic thumbnails as 200 x 200px squares, any thumbs drawn from galleries will fill the container, cropping them square.
Also, if you've set a size in Autoindex that will be larger than the galleries' thumbs, the images will be spread out to fill the container, making them look blurry.

One way around needing to create custom thumbs is to set the Iconic thumb size and your galleries' thumb sizes to be the same. Then deliberately choose a thumbnail that will fit the aspect ratio of the iconic thumbs.
If using Publisher, click on "Cover Image" in the Album Set edit dialog and pick the needed thumb.
If you're not using Publisher you'll need to do that in each gallery's Album Info section.
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … thumbnails

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer