Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-11 21:00:06

4thdesign

Albums not working

Guys, gals,

I am stuck now.

I have read through a ton of documentation, followed the process here:
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku.php?id=ce4_101

This was invaluable after floundering like a fish out of water.

This is some serious stuff that you guys have created and is probably one of the most technical things I have had to deal with.

I have almost got there, but am now stuck with the albums not displaying as they should.

If you look at my site, go to galleries and click on a gallery i created, (the one on the right was via CE4 Pages and the one on the left is done via CE4 Gallery) I know..... I should have just done the basics in Pages and let Gallery do the work, hence the reason why 2 galleries are showing.

If you click on either of them, and in particular the one on the left which was published correctly using the publisher plugin with Lightroom, you will see the link cannot find the album on my server.

What I would like to know is why, where should it be, (i am sure i followed instructions carefully and correctly) and if it is in the wrong place, can I simply move it, or do i have to go through the whole routine once again?

Any help, no matter how simple or complicated it is, please let me know..... I am very keen to get this up and running.

http://1stphotos.co.uk/

The error that comes up makes no sense as I do indeed have the folders in the right places as the URL suggests, but doesnt show anything (http://1stphotos.co.uk/galleries/album/) album is in galleries in the root of the domain!!! But why doesnt it show?

Help! smile

#2 2015-01-12 00:09:21

rod barbee
Website

Re: Albums not working

the links aren't working, I get a "problem loading page" error

If you look at my site, go to galleries and click on a gallery i created, (the one on the right was via CE4 Pages and the one on the left is done via CE4 Gallery

Pages doesn't create galleries and cannot be used as a Publisher template

The error that comes up makes no sense as I do indeed have the folders in the right places as the URL suggests

What error are you getting?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-01-12 01:32:38

4thdesign

Thanks for replying Rod. Had some server issues earlier, its now up and running. Apologies.

I know pages dont create galleries, I know that now... but i didnt then, and thats why there are 2 albums. As mentioned, the one on the left is the one i am really interested in, its done in CE4 gallery, but its not working, like for instance as I mentioned all this in the original post.

I have the files and folders in the right places, but i want to know why the album fails to open, its crazy! Unless of course, I have done something ridiculously wrong (i dont believe i have considering i followed the steps, as mentioned in my original post)

Any help would be appreciated. I feel I am close, but not quite there yet!!!

#4 2015-01-12 01:34:01

rod barbee
Website

I can now see your site.
Are you by chance trying to publish using the default album that shows up in Publisher?
If so, that's not possible. Try creating a new album and name it something other than "album"
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … ith_albums

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-01-12 01:38:32

rod barbee
Website

What is the album on the right made from?

Also, it could help troubleshooting if you enable guest access to ttg-be

and can you post a link to the gallery template you're using  (in ttg-be/templates/gallery/)

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2015-01-12 01:48:46

4thdesign

The album on the right is made from CE4 PAGES, i mentioned this in my first post. It shouldnt be there, and I care nothing about it, because once I have understood the process of everything, its going to be deleted. I am ONLY interested in the first album on the left.

I am struggling to find where i entered ALBUM into my configuration to have it exported with that name. As of yet, I cant find it.

This is the template I am using
http://1stphotos.co.uk/ttg-be/templates/gallery/ (the gallery one)

ps.... why can I see all those files here? Surely that shouldnt happen

Last edited by 4thdesign (2015-01-12 01:49:13)

#7 2015-01-12 01:53:34

4thdesign

Oh by the way, i must mention this in case i forget again.

In my ttg admin area, under TTG BE, I have no template selected, when i attempt to choose one or look at one, its completely empty!

Does that affect anything at all?

#8 2015-01-12 03:34:15

rod barbee
Website

m struggling to find where i entered ALBUM into my configuration to have it exported with that name

Lightroom places a default album in the Publisher instance. If you've added images to this album and tried to publish, it won't work.

this is just the path to the folder. What's the name of the gallery template you place inside of this folder?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2015-01-12 03:34:43

rod barbee
Website

4thdesign wrote:

Oh by the way, i must mention this in case i forget again.

In my ttg admin area, under TTG BE, I have no template selected, when i attempt to choose one or look at one, its completely empty!

Does that affect anything at all?

Yes, it means you haven't uploaded an exported gallery to the ttg-be/templates/gallery/ folder
see this again about exporting CE4 Gallery and uploading as a publisher template

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2015-01-12 04:18:53

4thdesign

rod barbee wrote:

m struggling to find where i entered ALBUM into my configuration to have it exported with that name

Lightroom places a default album in the Publisher instance. If you've added images to this album and tried to publish, it won't work.

this is just the path to the folder. What's the name of the gallery template you place inside of this folder?

The folder template is called gallery smile

#11 2015-01-12 04:45:38

rod barbee
Website

then this would be the URL to your template: http://1stphotos.co.uk/ttg-be/templates/gallery/gallery
But there is no gallery there to see. (getting the unable to connect error again)

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#12 2015-01-12 04:59:52

4thdesign

yes apologies, server is unwell and i have a technician taking a look at it now, seems to have stabilised though,

You are right, i do have a folder called gallery in that location, so it looks like this:
/ttg-be/templates/gallery/gallery

and inside the gallery folder is a list of files and other folders. Hence the reason as to my question. the URL is pointing to the right place but is displaying a fault:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@1stphotos.co.uk and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

#13 2015-01-12 05:23:40

rod barbee
Website

I mentioned above (number 4) about using the default album that is created in Publisher. Is this what you're using? If so, try creating another album but give it a name.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#14 2015-01-13 04:21:41

4thdesign

rod barbee wrote:

I mentioned above (number 4) about using the default album that is created in Publisher. Is this what you're using? If so, try creating another album but give it a name.

Rod....I must be an idiot or something!! I attempted to create a new album, which I did, published it, but on Lightroom at the top where it says Publish Now.... the link says http://1stphotos.co.uk/galleries/album/

But.... album is not on my FTP at all, I cant change this anywhere that I can see, its kinda making no sense at all this system.

I am on the verge of deleting the whole lot, and starting from scratch again, but before I do this, can someone give me a pointer?

I still have NO template selected on the TTG BE settings page, the template option is completely blank, despite the tooltip telling me what to do, which I have done, several times creating a gallery and uploading exactly where it suggests. I think this might be my sticking point, but have tried everything I can think of.

Anyone.... please.... give me some guidance why this isnt working as its supposed to work, despite me following instructions. Very frustrating to say the least.

#15 2015-01-13 05:27:16

rod barbee
Website

Based on some of the server errors your site has been throwing, this could be host related. But let's just go down the checklist:

You've created a Publisher instance. The url to that should be:

http://1stphotos.co.uk/ttg-be/publisher/

You've entered in the API key. The default is ttg9999.
You've set the top-level galleries folder to "galleries" (without the quotes)
You've clicked the Check Authentication button to make sure all is working.

I've already seen that you have a gallery at ttg-be/templates/gallery/gallery

Just to check things out, I created a new Publisher instance in my catalog, entered your url and used the default API key. Authentication is fine.
I then went to create a new album (right click on TTG CE4 Publisher in the Publish Services control pane and select Create Album) and I can see you have two Templates available: gallery, and mike

so I'm not sure what you're doing wrong, but I can tell you that everything looks to be in order. If you'd like, I'll try creating an album on your site just to test that all is working as expected.
And if you enable guest access to ttg-be I'll take a look there as well.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#16 2015-01-15 01:26:00

4thdesign

I have sent you a PM Rod smile

#17 2015-01-15 01:49:20

rod barbee
Website

I didn't get it.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#18 2015-01-15 02:09:50

rod barbee
Website

I went ahead and created a one-image album on your site (I've since removed it). It all seemed to go fine at my end but I see the same error message you're seeing.
To me, this points to a hosting issue. I'm not knowledgeable enough to figure that out, Ben will have to take a look.

You might want gather your logs and PM or email him. See this page: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … g_for_help

Who are you hosting with?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#19 2015-01-15 04:55:32

4thdesign

Am with EUKhost

I already checked php version which is 3.6.27 (if i recall)

Suppose I better PM him with the details then sad

#20 2015-01-15 05:10:10

rod barbee
Website

php version needs to be 5.2.6 or later. Yours is running 5.3.27: http://1stphotos.co.uk/lib/autoindex/verify.php
so you're good there.
Once in awhile a hosting company doesn't configure their servers in a standard way. Ben can figure all that out. He may need FTP access.
Give him a little time though, I know both he and Matt are ankle deep in the upcoming CRG (having dived in head first)

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#21 2015-03-18 03:55:33

piotrekspalek

Did you solve the problem? Because i have the same one. I have followed all the procedures but at the end i cannot see the galleries, just get an error message. Here is the link: http://www.piotrek.it/galleries/scoiattoli/

Last edited by piotrekspalek (2015-03-18 04:07:09)

#22 2015-03-18 04:20:30

rod barbee
Website

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#23 2015-03-18 06:05:08

piotrekspalek

This is my problem:
I've tried for the last few hours to create an album using CE4 publisher and put it online. When I press "PUBLISH" Lightroom starts to publish the album online and it uploads it properly to the server, but when it opens the browser window to show me the album i just get the 500 internal server error http://www.piotrek.it/galleries/scoiattoli/

I've created a Publisher instance. The url to that is: http://www.piotrek.it/ttg-be/publisher/
I've entered in the default API key ttg9999.
I've set the top-level galleries folder to galleries
I've clicked the Check Authentication button and everything is working
I'm using Safari Version 8.0.3 (10600.3.18) and Google Chrome Version 41.0.2272.89 (64-bit)

I've send you an email with the logs files + some screenshots to help you better understand the problem

Last edited by piotrekspalek (2015-03-18 06:08:56)

#24 2015-03-18 06:09:26

Ben

Hi, 500 errors are difficult to solve.  Try to see if there is an error log somewhere on your server, perhaps under public_html, or under 'logs'.  That may include the underlying error.  Failing that, please provide an FTP login that I can use to work out the issue, by sending it with the Email link under my name.

Something to try: have you used 777 permissions on ttg-be/data or galleries?  If so, try 755 instead and see if that solves it.
Also, are you using your own phplugins?  If so, try disabling that.

#25 2015-03-18 18:38:08

piotrekspalek

Here is what I've discovered so far.
En error 500 shows up due to a permission problem. I've tried to change it manually to both777 and 755 but it's not working.(I'm not an expert in this so maybe i'm doing something wrong)

I can solve the problem if run a permission repair tool available on my host. It can repair the albums online and everything run smooth.

But the problem repeats for every new album i generate. Everytime i must run the permission repair tool.

Hope to find a definitive solution to the problem and post it here online.

Thanks for the help guys

Board footer