Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-19 02:40:34

aebolzan
Website

Do I need Pages or Stage to update my site with Publisher?

I have upgraded my web site www.agustinbolzan.com.ar from CE3 to CE4 and I want to use Publisher to update my Home pages.....yes, I say pages in plural because I designed my site as bilingual, so that I have the "entrance page" with a Flip-Gallery and from there, one can select "English" or "Spanish". I tried to setup Publisher for my "entrance page" and failed.....seems that Publisher does not like how the site was designed.....I used Pages not Stage, so I wonder if what I want to do is not possible with Pages but it does with Stage....

Agustin

#2 2014-10-19 05:35:43

aebolzan
Website

Re: Do I need Pages or Stage to update my site with Publisher?

I found the answer: Yes!....great job Matt!!....it is now so easy to update the web!!!!....I have only one doubt (at the moment): I uploaded originallly the home page copying the folders and files created by Pages so that I found that some folders are now duplicated after installing the gallery created with Stage: it is safe to delete them?....are there other files or folders that can also be deleted?

Agustin

#3 2014-10-19 12:40:44

Matthew
Administrator
Website

I'm not sure what folders/files you're talking about, so I can't possibly answer either way.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#4 2014-10-20 09:04:27

aebolzan
Website

once again, I guess I did a mistake or at least I misunderstood Pages and Stage, that's why I was speaking about cuplicated folders/files. Now I think I am understanding CE4.....it seems (correct me please if I am wrong) that one needs Pages for making the "page" and Stage only if one wants to publish the images of the Home page with Publisher. In this case, one has to design a "Page" template and then a "Stage" template that actually means a "gallery" template for the Home page. If this is the case, one has some kind of "duplication" in the sense that there is a Photo folder with the images for the pages, created by Pages, and also a second Photo folder inside pages-gallery, which was created by Stage and located under the "gallery" folder.  So that, it seems to me that it is not possible to upload only the Page Images with Pages and then the rest of the gallery slideshow that appears in the Home page, with Stage. Am I right?

second point: if one cannot avoid Pages for creating the site and needs Stage for creating the home page gallery under Publisher control, I wonder why the CE4 Web publishing "Bundle" does not include Stage......it is of utmost importance to have Stage if one really wants to make full use of Publisher....or not?

just the thoughts of a person who bought the Bundle......and afterwards  Stage......and is enjoying both products...

Agustin

#5 2014-10-20 11:30:17

rod barbee
Website

.it seems (correct me please if I am wrong) that one needs Pages for making the "page" and Stage only if one wants to publish the images of the Home page with Publisher.

that is correct. CE4 Gallery can also be used if you want a regular gallery rather than a Galleria slide show or full page flip gallery.

So that, it seems to me that it is not possible to upload only the Page Images with Pages and then the rest of the gallery slideshow that appears in the Home page, with Stage. Am I right?

No. You could export with Pages only the images you need for the individual pages and use Publisher to control what appears on the home page gallery

I wonder why the CE4 Web publishing "Bundle" does not include Stage

because not everybody needs or wants Stage. And Stage is not necessary for creating a home page gallery via publisher. Only if you want your home page gallery to be a Galleria or a flip gallery.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer