Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-09-03 12:29:33

Danbie

Using Search with Lightrooom Keywords

A question about the search capability:
I am using Pages CE4, AutoIndex CE4, Cart CE4, and Publisher (all the latest versions). I have just set up my website and have it about 90% done (I don't have the cart and email settings added yet).

I use keywords all of the time for my photos and I was hoping that I could search the website to find photos based on Lightrooms keywords.  But this doesn't seem to work.  I can successfully match text from the filename or get hits on galleries when I use a word from the descriptions - but no hits on keywords. 
I always selected "all Metadata" when presented the chance in the galleries and publisher.  Have I set something up wrong or is searching keywords not possible?

#2 2014-09-03 13:30:52

rod barbee
Website

Re: Using Search with Lightrooom Keywords

keyword searching is part of search. See this conversation:
http://community.theturninggate.net/top … e4-search/

I will help if you can post a link to your site and include some keywords you're trying to search on that aren't giving you the expected results.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-09-04 15:24:52

Danbie

Hi Rod,

Thanks for your offer to help.  But I went ahead and deleted the galleries and then reloaded them from Publisher using a more current gallery template I created.  Now it seems to work.  I was getting a little worried that maybe keywords were not in-scope.

I really would like to see more documentation and examples, however, on how to set up a gallery template to use the Metadata 1 and Metadata 2 information and match these with the output settings.  For example, if I use {dimensions} for metadata, then the lightroom preview looks correct, but the output gallery shows {dimension} instead of the actual value.  On the otherhand, if I use {CroppedWidth}, then it works on the output, but not in the lightroom preview.  But I guess that's another topic.

I also find it a bit confusing to have the same fields (Title, Caption, Metadata 1, etc) in both the Image info and the Publisher setup section.  How are these meant to work and exactly what are each of these doing?

Cheers!

Last edited by Danbie (2014-09-04 15:25:22)

#4 2014-09-04 21:35:17

rod barbee
Website

I also find it a bit confusing to have the same fields (Title, Caption, Metadata 1, etc) in both the Image info and the Publisher setup section.  How are these meant to work and exactly what are each of these doing?

Matt explains why the controls are in two places here: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … ata_tokens

If using Publisher, you need to have both areas enabled. Metadata 1 and 2 need to be checked in Image Info just so the metadata area will show up. It doesn't appear that the metadata you set in Image Info makes a difference if you're using Publisher: the Publisher settings in the Output Settings control pane take precedence.

if I use {dimensions} for metadata, then the lightroom preview looks correct, but the output gallery shows {dimension} instead of the actual value.

{dimensions} doesn't appear to be a supported metadata token for use with Publisher

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer