Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-24 19:15:40

richam
Website

Michael Richards Photography

I finally got the site converted from CE3 to CE4 and reasonably well cleaned up and polished.  This is a strictly non-commercial site for personal use.  I have currently 5,644 images posted.  Most are just for sharing with family and friends, especially those we have met during the cruises we have been taking recently.  The Military History and Holocaust galleries are meant to be educational and encourage viewers to keep the memories alive.  www.michaelrichardsphotography.com

For the CE3 to CE4 conversion, I tried to employ KISS (keep it simple, stupid) and hold "arty" presentation and hacking to a minimum.  I'm not much of an graphic artist, anyway.  Just wanted a vehicle to allow viewers to easily navigate around the galleries.  Found the Lime Spider theme to my liking and set that up for most of my templates.  When there's a lot of text, such as the Wonders galleries, used a black on white theme for easy reading.  For Stage HTML5 videos, used a black theme as I like to crop slideshow images the way I want, with aspect ratios determined by the image content.  This way, the black bars/borders around irregular images are invisible against the background.

Have found several typos and miscellaneous errors, and I'm sure there are more on the site.  Would appreciate you letting me know if you spot a problem.

Mike

#2 2014-08-24 23:42:04

rod barbee
Website

Re: Michael Richards Photography

Nicely done.
Love the idea with your Cities galleries. You must have spent a lot of time putting those together and choosing the music to go with them. Very enjoyable.
Also liked the bit of history you give in your Seven Wonders galleries.

You put a lot of effort into your site and it shows. Thanks for sharing.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-08-25 01:31:52

Kris

Fascism rather than facism.

#4 2014-08-25 03:30:30

richam
Website

Rod, thanks for the nice comments.
Kris, appreciate the correction; done.  Hope there are not too many errors left.

#5 2014-08-30 11:15:43

markh
Website

Amazing diversity, all tied together nicely. Impressive!
Mark

#6 2014-08-30 14:18:43

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Very nicely done, Michael. If I had the time this afternoon, I could get lost in here for hours. Unfortunately, I have work to do, and then bags to pack so that I can be off to Mongolia in the morning. Hopefully I'll remember to spend some more time wandering later on, but in the meantime I've added your site to the showcase.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#7 2014-08-30 16:47:06

richam
Website

Matt, I'm honored.  Must admit, I'm a bit envious of the other showcase sites, whose owners seem to have a professional eye for graphics design.  Have a great trip.

#8 2014-08-30 17:12:33

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Well, the goal is that the tools should be able to serve both types: those who are more into graphic design can use the plugins and easily enough supplement with such flourishes, while those without such inclinations still have all the tools they need to get good results. ;-)

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer