Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-15 21:40:41

Volker Dobler
Website

Navigation "problem"

Dear CE4 Community,

I have updated from CE3 to CE4 - I am using the Wordpress theme and autoindex for picture galleries.

With Wordpress, I can manage to use my "own" navigations as I did with CE3. I have just one "Home" item in the Lightroom template and this is overwritten by PHPlugin correctly (see www.volker-dobler.de)

But when I click on galleries (www.volker-dobler.de/galleries) only the "Home" from the template is shown and not the other menu items I am expecting - with CE3 both navigations looks the same.

What am I doing wrong? I have include the PHPlugin-path in both - the wordpress theme and the autoindex template.

Thanks for any hint/tip to open my eyes.
Volker

#2 2014-08-15 22:38:05

rod barbee
Website

Re: Navigation "problem"

it looks like you haven't enabled phplugins navigation for the Galleries page or for any of the albums within it.
see this: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … gins_setup

If you were trying to use the same code from CE3 to do this, it won't work. There is a new structure and new classes for navigation in CE4

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-08-15 23:10:54

Volker Dobler
Website

Dear Rod,

thanks for your reply - but I definitely have enabled the phplugins and I use the same path as within the wordpress theme.

Best regards,
Volker

#4 2014-08-15 23:32:27

Volker Dobler
Website

Dear Rod,

I have just confirmed, that my phplugins works.

I have changes the phplugins.php in the directory, where the path is linked to and changed the following hook:

// SITE-WIDE "TRADITIONAL" NAVIGATION MENU
// This function establishes a site-wide navigation menu using pseudo-absolute URLs (beginning "/")
// -- portable, domain agnostic, and without the location limitations of relative URLs.
// Serves as an example of a function being applied globally
function ttg_header_navigation( $style, $path ) { 

and if you see my side (www.volker-dobler.de) you now can see the standard navigations from this hook on the wordpress theme AND within the autogallery (www.volker-dobler.de/galleries) - only HOME and Galleries will currently work.

So, the phplugins is active and works, but why is (if I uncomment this hook above) the behavior different for the wordpress theme and the autoindex gallery?

Any hint is really appreciated - thanks a lot.

Volker

P.S.
I now define the navigation menu hard coded in the phplugins.php file and this works. But with CE3 - I did not use this technique , I defined the menu within WordPress and this menu was also used on the gallery pages.
But it works again now.

Last edited by Volker Dobler (2014-08-15 23:41:45)

#5 2014-08-15 23:44:25

rod barbee
Website

I'm seeing the same menu on all pages now.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2014-08-15 23:50:58

Volker Dobler
Website

Rod,

yes - because I "hard coded" the menu in the phplugin.php file.

In the previous version, I have used the Wordpress Menu I defined within Wordpress on all pages (even outside). Don't know why this works - and maybe I am wrong and I changed the same thing the last time a year ago and did not document it.

So - yes it works now, but I am still not sure, why I think that with the previous version the menus came from the Wordpress definition. But anyway - it works.

Thanks for your help and support,
Volker

#7 2014-08-16 04:03:39

rod barbee
Website

If you've followed Matt's tutorial, the WordPress should be feeding it's menu to the TTG generated pages. But things are slightly different in CE4's navigation so any code you used for CE3 likely won't work.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer