Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#26 2014-08-06 09:57:03

Ben

Re: upgraded to Pub 2.1.0, publishing no longer works, galleries gone

It looks like you changed the admin password to the one you sent me.

#27 2014-08-06 09:58:32

Ken
Website

Ken wrote:
Ben wrote:

Thanks.  My suspicions were wrong.  Do you mind if I try publishing a test album to your server?

That is OK. But I can not log in as the admin any longer, what happened?

OK, I had to log in as the administrator using the new PW I emailed you.

#28 2014-08-06 10:04:01

Ben

I've just run a test and it worked without a hitch: http://www.ioscapes.com/galleries/ben-test/

I suggest you remove 4-winter from Lightroom and creating it again.  Please post here again before you create the album again, and I'll check that it's been properly removed from the database.

#29 2014-08-06 10:06:53

Ken
Website

Ben wrote:

I've just run a test and it worked without a hitch: http://www.ioscapes.com/galleries/ben-test/

I suggest you remove 4-winter from Lightroom and creating it again.  Please post here again before you create the album again, and I'll check that it's been properly removed from the database.

OK, I just removed 4-winter from Lightroom. When should I recreate the 4-winter in Lightroom?

#30 2014-08-06 10:14:12

Ben

I see it's gone from the database.  You can try creating it again.

#31 2014-08-06 10:20:44

Ken
Website

Ben wrote:

I see it's gone from the database.  You can try creating it again.

I recreated it and republished it successfully. For the other five galleries, what procedure should I follow to delete them and republish them? Should I delete the folders on the server first and then delete the albums in publisher?

You have been very patient and helpful. I realize my mistake and will be careful in the future when update BE or Publisher.

#32 2014-08-06 10:25:23

Ben

I don't think the order matters, so long you remove them both from the server and from Lightroom.

#33 2014-08-06 10:34:35

Ken
Website

Ben wrote:

I don't think the order matters, so long you remove them both from the server and from Lightroom.

I deleted from the server first. When I try and delete the album in Lightroom, I get the message:

The collection could not be deleted from the service.
You may delete this collection from Lightroom's catalog anyway, but it may remain on the service.
Delete Anyway or Cancel.

I selected delete anyway, does this mean it is still in the database?

#34 2014-08-06 10:51:01

Ben

That's fine.  The reason you received that message was because the albums weren't in the database.  Has the republishing been successful?

Last edited by Ben (2014-08-06 10:51:10)

#35 2014-08-06 10:58:46

Ken
Website

Ben wrote:

That's fine.  The reason you received that message was because the albums weren't in the database.  Has the republishing been successful?

So far it has been successful. I still run in to the problem that I can only publish 10-14 photos at a time before I get the error message that I had posted under another thread. This is the whole reason I migrated to newer servers at GoDaddy, but this did not solve the publishing issue. This will be the next thing I have to deal with, since it really slows down publishing photos.

#36 2014-08-06 11:19:39

Ben

That's no good.  I wonder if moving you to a new server upgraded the cpanel (which is what other customers have found to be successful).  Is the behaviour the same as before the move?  In particular when the server stops responding, is it for 60 seconds?

#37 2014-08-06 11:49:07

Ken
Website

Ben wrote:

That's no good.  I wonder if moving you to a new server upgraded the cpanel (which is what other customers have found to be successful).  Is the behaviour the same as before the move?  In particular when the server stops responding, is it for 60 seconds?

I didn't know about the Cpanel until after I requested and GoDaddy started the migration to a newer server (but not the Cpanel).

The behavior is identical to what occurred before moving to the newer server. The server stops responding after a certain amount of time has passed. I haven't timed it, but usually after 14 photos have been published. If only meta data is being pushed up to the server, then more (maybe 30) photo's meta data is published. After the error message, I have to wait at least a minute, perhaps longer, before resuming publishing. If I wait shorter, it might start publishing but will abort after just 2  to 4 or 5 photos.

I will talk to Adobe about the Cpanel server. From what they have told me, it is a different system and I would need to recreate the website. Apparently they do not automatically migrate it to the Cpanel server.

#38 2014-08-06 12:05:23

Ben

Cpanel is the name of the software that runs the configuration dashboard on your server.  I'm not sure about what upgrading the cpanel entails, but that's the terminology that GoDaddy has been using with other customers.  I would have assumed that upgrading to a newer server and upgrading the cpanel were one and the same thing.
Other TTG customers have had their cpanels upgraded, and subsequently had the issue of timeouts fixed, without needing to manually migrate or rebuild their sites.

Last edited by Ben (2014-08-06 12:05:38)

#39 2014-08-06 12:15:27

Ken
Website

Ben wrote:

Cpanel is the name of the software that runs the configuration dashboard on your server.  I'm not sure about what upgrading the cpanel entails, but that's the terminology that GoDaddy has been using with other customers.  I would have assumed that upgrading to a newer server and upgrading the cpanel were one and the same thing.
Other TTG customers have had their cpanels upgraded, and subsequently had the issue of timeouts fixed, without needing to manually migrate or rebuild their sites.

I am not sure if it is a timing out issue. The GoDaddy tech made some change so that the server should time out more slowly, but this had no effect. I will email you a screen shot of the error message.

#40 2014-08-22 23:47:19

chris.palmer

What does the "Update Album Files" link in the Publisher Admin (referred to above) actually do? Can't find any description of it. It's a bit like having a "Don't press this button" button smile

#41 2014-08-23 08:28:33

Ben

Anything under 'Special Links' are non-standard tasks that you usually wouldn't need to run unless advised by us.
Each album has a set of default files, such as index.php, mobile.php, single.php and lib.php.  They are copied over from the publisher into the album directory when albums are created.  The Update Album Files function re-copies these to every album.  It was useful during development when the behaviour of the default files was still changing, but we left the link there in the off chance that we may need to update the album file behaviour sometime down the track.

It should be harmless to press the do-not-press button smile

Last edited by Ben (2014-08-23 08:29:07)

Board footer