Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-07-30 00:10:45

alfred

Breadcrums

Hi there,

I try to achieve achieve the following - and guess what I can not get it to work:

Have created a site with CE4 Pages
Created an Autoindex Gallery sydney in the galleries directory:      galleries/sydney
created a gallery in /sydney called /opera via Publisher:                 galleries/sydney/opera

What I was hoping for is that the breadcrums would allow me to return to galleries and this is not the case. I only see the breadcrumbs in /opera and this allows me to go back to Sydney, but not all the way up to galleries. I have done some searching, but do not get the point how to get this implemented.

Any suggestion how to achieve this or where my problem may be? Or does this just not work?

Thanks a lot Alfred

#2 2014-07-30 00:34:44

rod barbee
Website

Re: Breadcrums

is the autoindex an Album Set or a stand alone Autoindex? (a link to Sydney would help)

since breadcrumbs rely on things being managed by Publisher, if Sydney is a stand-alone autoindex, I'm guessing the breadcrumbs will only go back to Sydney and not beyond to Galleries.

Assuming Sydney is a stand-alone index, try creating an Album Set inside of Galleries named Sydney and move the Opera Album into it and see if the breadcrumbs will stretch back to Galleries.

Last edited by rod barbee (2014-07-30 00:35:16)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-07-30 07:13:37

alfred

Hi Rod, I can't get it to work. Just to make sure I have understood your suggestion correctly:

I have a created sydney as a standalone Autoindex within galleries:  /galleries/sydney (I would not know how to create nested structures otherwiese?)

Then I have created an album-set, publishing into /sydney within Lightroom Publisher

I have created /opera as an album within the /sydney album set. This works as far as the nested structure of galleries is concerend, but it does not change the situation concerning breadcrums.

The link to Sydney is: http://www.fotowarkstee.de/galleries/sydney/

Alfred

Last edited by alfred (2014-07-30 07:14:20)

#4 2014-07-30 08:04:42

rod barbee
Website

I believe this is because you are using a stand alone autoindex to house your Sydney galleries. (the Sydney page you linked to does not appear to be an Album Set, rather it's a stand alone autoindex)

A better option would be to use Publisher to create an Album Set named Sydney (which would be published in galleries/ fodler) and then publish your Sydney albums (Opera, etc.) to the Album Set.

First you'll need to export and upload an autoindex to the ttg-be/templates/autoindex/ folder. When you create the Album Set in Publisher, choose that template.

Be sure to delete the existing sydney folder first.

Last edited by rod barbee (2014-07-30 08:06:28)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2014-07-30 18:25:50

alfred

Hi Rod, glad that there are user with "way too much time on their hands" smile ...

Your advice solved my problems!
I should have probably read "Working with Album Sets" before, but had got lost in the documentation while searching for "breadcrumbs". Should you pass through Sydney in the foreseable future, let me know and I will buy you an Australian Shiraz or a German beer.

Cheers and thanks a lot!

Alfred

Board footer