Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-07-26 22:01:25

fwillette

Where is my Album? (Solved)

Hi

During  Auto Index configuration, had I to fill in a pane named Album-Info.
But after having exported and uploaded the Auto Index plugin, don't I find this album anywhere, nore in the web site, nore in the server.
Thus Where is it?

Cordialy

Fredy

Last edited by fwillette (2014-08-02 01:28:10)

#2 2014-07-26 23:37:10

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Where is my Album? (Solved)

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2014-07-27 00:31:57

fwillette

Thanks Matt

I think I have allready read this topic several times.

Sorry but I think the most i progress in site configuratio, the most i get confused althougt I think to have read everything concerning Auto Index.
In the export of Auto Index, photos and thumbnails are also exported. Is it an album or gallery created with these photos/thumbnails?
What about the phplugins-sample file in auto index? Must it be renamed phplugins? Must the php path be adapted in the Site Info pane?

#4 2014-07-27 05:51:07

rod barbee
Website

Is it an album or gallery created with these photos/thumbnails?

neither
those photos and thumbnails exported from Autoindex are not a gallery. The thumbnails can be used by the Galleries page (or another autoindex) to represent the autoindex on the Galleries index page.

What about the phplugins-sample file in auto index? Must it be renamed phplugins?

this depends on what you are doing. How are you planning on using phplugins?

Must the php path be adapted in the Site Info pane?

If using phplugins globally on your site, then yes.  If you can explain what you're trying to do we can be more specific and more helpful with answers.

Last edited by rod barbee (2014-07-28 22:23:01)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2014-07-28 21:22:12

fwillette

Thanks Rod

I am trying to build a site, with multi level navigation, using Pages, Gallery, Publisher, AutoIndex and PHPluggings.

I am almost confused with AutoIndex.
-Does the AutoIndex create only Album Set Templates? (I think no)
-When and where to upload it (Don't think this is discussed in the wiki?
-Where is the auto index motor? I think that for Pages it is in Gallery

I can't get the Drop down menu to appear for the Galleries Menu Item (in the web site)

I can't get my albums be published in the autoindex file. It has been uploaded late and albums have been exported in Galleries first

Shouldn'I best erase everithing and restart from scratch?

Remarks
In configuring Pages in LR5.5, I swapped Info And Galleries, as well labels than Targets, but the dropdown "menu" still appears in the second Item (Info)

Is it possible to add a picture, and how, in the posts? I would like to post an image of my site structure witch looks something like this:

-[]/
   |-[]CE3                         (a folder I create to store old CE3 Files)
  []- WWW                       a "folder" assigned by the hoster
   |    |- autoindex
   |    |- fragments
   |    |- galleries
   |    |

|    |
   |    |- ttg-be

Subsediary, what is the real root of the site? In FileZilla Remote site appears as :   /www

Site is   http://www.martine-cheval.be/

Sorry for all these troubles

Fredy

#6 2014-07-28 22:36:39

rod barbee
Website

-Does the AutoIndex create only Album Set Templates? (I think no)

no, you can also use it to create stand-alone indexes.

-When and where to upload it (Don't think this is discussed in the wiki?

when using as an Album Set template: /ttg-be/templates/autoindex/
when using as a stand-alone index: anywhere, really. Many people add an autoindex in the root level to serve as a separate index for things like client galleries, for instance I have one on my site for workshop listings.

-Where is the auto index motor? I think that for Pages it is in Gallery

The Galleries page is an autoindex. The script that runs it is in the /lib/autoindex/ folder

I can't get the Drop down menu to appear for the Galleries Menu Item (in the web site)

You'll need to also enable phplugins: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … navigation

I can't get my albums be published in the autoindex file. It has been uploaded late and albums have been exported in Galleries first

Not sure what you're saying here. Are you using Publisher to publish to a separate autoindex folder? Can you better describe what you're doing?

In configuring Pages in LR5.5, I swapped Info And Galleries, as well labels than Targets, but the dropdown "menu" still appears in the second Item (Info)

That's ok, the drop-down appearance in Lightroom is for styling purposes. You can actually code in drop-downs for any menu item using phplugins.

Is it possible to add a picture, and how, in the posts?

When writing a post in the forum you'll see a set of icons above the message area. The next to last one (the picture icon) is use to insert images. Click it and you get a pair or IMG tags. Put an image online somewhere and paste the URL to it between the IMG tags.

Subsediary, what is the real root of the site? In FileZilla Remote site appears as :   /www

that depends on your hosting. For many the root is in the public_html/ folder.

Last edited by rod barbee (2014-07-28 22:37:51)

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2014-07-30 18:52:00

fwillette

Hi Rod

Thanks a lot for all these explanations. Sorry to be late for answering but I was very tired last days, and also a bit saturated with all this. I'll try to take advantage of your advices and come back if needed.

Cordially

Fredy

#8 2014-07-30 20:33:52

rod barbee
Website

Don't try to do it all at once. Take it a little at a time.
Perhaps first try simply exporting and uploading a small gallery or two to your /galleries/ folder just to see it all working. Then try exporting and uploading an Autoindex to the galleries/ folder. Then upload another gallery, only this time, place it in the Autoindex you uploaded.
You'll quickly see how it all works together.
Once comfortable with that you can tackle Publisher and phplugins.

Just in case you're still unclear about some of the basics, I've got a blog post that covers those basics here: http://ttg-tips-and-tricks.barbeephoto. … -plug-ins/

Last edited by rod barbee (2014-07-30 20:34:54)

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2014-07-31 00:42:56

fwillette

Thanks Rod for these encouragements

I will follow your advice and restart step by step with the latest upgrades.
I think that the first step using Pages and Gallery is acquired.
My challenge will be to deep understand AutoIndex. I have a few tutos to read, or re-read.

Cordialy

Fredy

#10 2014-07-31 06:40:31

rod barbee
Website

Just remember that at its heart the TTG system is just folders within folders. An autoindex is like a hanging file folder with the galleries inside being regular manila file folders.

And an exported autoindex is used as a template for Publisher Album Sets. Same concept though: folders within folders.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#11 2014-08-02 01:23:51

fwillette

Hi Rod

I think that the Auto Index concept is slowly finding his way in my brain.
Following your advice I did upload a few galleries, and after I created, exported and uploaded an Auto Index whitch I placed in Galleries.
Then I transfered two galleries inside, and even the third gallery in an other Auto Index.

I think that the result is exactly what could be expected. Result here:  http://martine-cheval.be/galleries.php

I still don't have a drop down index, but I wiil tag this post as Solved and open a new one.

Thanks again for all your advices an your patience.

I try to follow all the posts of the forum and it seems that I'm not alone to have problems with the Auto Index. Probably partially due to the fact that Auto Index serves several goals: Auto Index Motor and Album Set Template for the Publisher. Don't not realy know how to improve. Maybe adding in the wiki:plugins/Auto Index/Usage, before Adding Galleries to CE4 Auto Index,  a paragraph explainig how and where to upload an album set (yet this is already discussed somewhere else) and more important: where to upload an Auto Index. The chapter Adding Galleries to CE4 Auto Index says to upload galleries in the auto index itself, but but not where it is positioned, and the screen capture of the web structure don't allow to see where it could be.

I hope this maybe will be from a little help for other users.

Bye an see you later within an other post.

Cordially

Fredy

#12 2014-08-02 01:43:30

rod barbee
Website

The chapter Adding Galleries to CE4 Auto Index says to upload galleries in the auto index itself, but but not where it is positioned

this is because you can place an autoindex anywhere on your site that you wish. Many people use autoindexes to create a client space or a videos page. I use it to create a separate workshops page.
This is what's great about autoindex, you can use it for many things in many places.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer