Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-07-21 01:39:58

chris.palmer

Errors with album sets

I have a clean server-wide installation (php-5.5.14) with just CE4 Pages, and the ttg-be+publisher, with one gallery template (in ./ttg-be/templates/gallery/GalleryTemplate1). The basic Pages operation, and the ttg-be admin functions all work fine. Nothing in the apache error log at this stage.

I can setup the publisher instance, but when I try to create an album set to publish, the dialog comes up ok but as it does the following error appears in the apache logs:

[Sun Jul 20 17:13:54.672018 2014] [:error] [pid 12511] [client 192.168.80.6:49313] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: templates in /data5/www/html/default/ttg/ttg-be/publisher/application/controllers/ApiController.php on line 132

I don't know if that error is benign or significant...

Because when I carry on....

I enter a name (Ours), some simple text page copy, and disable password (is it supposed to be enabled by default??), and it creates ok, and I can see it appear in ./galleries/ours. On a browser it shows up in Galleries (with an alien as expected).

When I click on the alien though, I get the following in the browser (nothing in the error log):

"The template file /template_index.php could not be found. Make sure that the template found at ttg-be/templates/gallery/ has been created with the latest version of CE4 Gallery."

I can proceed to create a album within the album set, and publish it ok. And I can view that album if I enter the URL directly. I just can't see the contents of the album set - only that same error message.

At some stage I also have the following errors in the log (just not exactly sure at what stage they appeared):

[Sun Jul 20 17:32:14.838887 2014] [:error] [pid 12571] [client 192.168.80.6:49323] PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /data5/www/html/default/ttg/ttg-be/publisher/application/controllers/ApiController.php on line 329
[Sun Jul 20 17:32:31.177501 2014] [:error] [pid 12579] [client 192.168.80.6:49324] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: parent_id in /data5/www/html/default/ttg/ttg-be/publisher/application/helpers/PublisherHelper.php on line 122

Even with an album published underneath it, I still see the alien.

Would be very grateful for help on this one
Regards, Chris

#2 2014-07-21 09:40:29

Ben

Re: Errors with album sets

Hi Chris, if all was working well then the messages can be ignored.  They are notices and not errors.
It looks like you have yet to add gallery templates.  You need to export a gallery with the Gallery plugin and upload the gallery into ttg-be/templates/gallery/, e.g. ttg-be/templates/gallery/my-template.  After doing so, edit the album in Lightroom's Publisher module and select the template.  You should then be able to view the album.

Does that help?  If you're still having issues, then please provide a URL of the gallery you're trying to work with.

#3 2014-07-22 17:40:38

chris.palmer

Hi Ben

There is a gallery loaded (see the first sentence smile ). I know it's there because it shows up in the publisher dropdown when I create an album, and the album I published within the album set is based on that template and renders correctly if I manually type in its URL. It's just the album set itself that won't render.

A couple of thoughts:

While setting this up, I have saved off the whole server-side tree, after install/config & manual upload of pages & template, but before any publishing so I can get back to a known good state. It occurs to me though that I'm not 100% sure if I deleted and recreated the publisher instance the last time I restored it. I'll try that tonight and see what happens, and if it's a problem I'll setup a failing scenario & post a link.

Has anyone successfully created/published an album set with CE4? I'm using Publisher-203a, TTG-BE-201 & Gallery-601.

The apache error log is completely free of entries so far apart from these ones, which was why I was suspicious. I'm using PHP-5.5.14 which is only 3 weeks old, so was also wondering if I was in uncharted waters with any compatibility issues.

Thanks for your help
Regards, Chris

#4 2014-07-22 17:42:15

Matthew
Administrator
Website

chris.palmer wrote:

Has anyone successfully created/published an album set with CE4? I'm using Publisher-203a, TTG-BE-201 & Gallery-601.

That's a bit of a silly question. We wouldn't have released the stuff if no one had. For example, see my album sets at Campagna Pictures.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#5 2014-07-22 17:50:05

chris.palmer

Fair point Matthew. I'm missing something fundamental but am struggling to see what. I'll do more digging...

On the bright side everything else is working well. Very impressed.

#6 2014-07-22 18:11:44

Matthew
Administrator
Website

You said you've created a gallery template, but did you create a template for album sets? That would be made with CE4 Auto Index, and you would put it into /ttg-be/templates/autoindex.

Matt

#7 2014-07-22 18:14:40

Ben

chris.palmer wrote:

There is a gallery loaded (see the first sentence smile ).

Where can I see the gallery online?  Can you post or message me a URL?

#8 2014-07-22 18:24:21

chris.palmer

Ah, no I haven't created an autoindex template. Albums not in album sets are being auto-indexed and rendered correctly, so I hadn't realised that I needed to do something specific for the sets. I'll read up more on CE4 Auto Index. I interpreted the error message as meaning I had to do something else with CE4 Gallery...

Appreciate your help
Regards, Chris

#9 2014-07-22 20:04:27

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Use CE4 Gallery to create templates for albums.

Use CE4 Auto Index to create templates for album sets.

http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … album_sets

It's the same relationship as using Auto Index and Gallery to organize galleries without the publisher.

Matt

#10 2014-07-23 02:04:58

chris.palmer

Perfect. Works like a charm now. Thank you so much!
Chris

Board footer