Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-07-20 04:44:19

jackm

Thumbnails

I created an album set using an Auto Index template. The cover image is set to random. I get the space man icon and no image. If I choose an image it will display. Is there a setting I can't seem to find to turn on the random feature?

Everything else works.

Thanks.

Jack

#2 2014-07-20 04:50:06

rod barbee
Website

Re: Thumbnails

I believe you'll need to add thumbnails to the album set's thumbnail/ folder for random to work. Just export some images from Lightroom at the size needed for thumbnails and upload those to the album set's thumbnails/ folder

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-07-20 05:47:57

jackm

Rod,

When I looked at the Auto Index documentation to me it indicated that random will automatically select a thumbnail from the galleries in that index.

It that is true mine doesn't seem to work that way. Unless my understanding of the documentation's not correct.

Thanks,

Jack

#4 2014-07-20 05:53:51

rod barbee
Website

the autoindex can randomly select thumbnails from the albums/galleries contained within it to represent those albums/galleries in that autoindex.
If you want the autoindex itself to be represented with random thumbnails in another autoindex (like the Galleries page), then you need to place those thumbnails in the autoindex's thumbnails/ folder.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2014-07-21 07:03:11

jackm

Rod,

Thanks.

I understand and loaded some thumbnails into the empty folder. It works as you indicated.

Jack

Board footer