Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-14 04:36:25

eronrauch

Trying To Figure Out A LR Web Gallery Solution

Hi! I have a quick question regarding LR4 plugins for the Web module. For one of my clients I need to be able to create web pages that have specific numbers of rows and columns for the thumbnails for shoots. The basic LR Web module is limited to 5 down and 8 across before it switches to another page. Is there a Turning Gate product that can create a basic web image gallery but is able to allow me to specify more columns and rows. For instance, I might want to display a shoot where we have 8 columns of thumbs across and 80 rows down. Needs to be able to have video integration and be html if possible. Thanks!

Last edited by eronrauch (2012-12-14 05:09:35)

#2 2012-12-14 07:05:36

rod barbee
Website

Re: Trying To Figure Out A LR Web Gallery Solution

Take a look at the Client Response Gallery . You can integrate video via Vimeo  (see documentation here: http://wiki.theturninggate.net/doku.php … tup_usage)

You can control the number of columns by designing the gallery to a fixed pixel width and then size the thumbnails accordingly. There is, however, a limit of 1000 images each gallery.

Unless you choose php dependent features, the gallery will export as html.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2012-12-14 08:01:41

eronrauch

I actually don't need the interactive functionality of the CRG — I was poking around and was wondering if the TTG HTML Gallery plugin  would do what I need too? Thanks!

#4 2012-12-14 08:24:09

rod barbee
Website

If you mean Highslide or Photoswipe, then maybe not. Neither integrates video, though you could set up separate video "galleries" using TTG Autoindex and TTG Stage.

Highslide gallery has a limit of, I believe 250 images per page with a total gallery limit of 1000 (I think)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2012-12-14 12:38:50

Matthew
Administrator
Website

TTG HTML Gallery hasn't been updated in quite a long time, so it's still very old-school in many ways. You'd probably be better off with one of the newer galleries, such as the Highslide gallery.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer