Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-09-28 22:33:20

chin_spod

Correct combination of TTG products?

All,

Having recently discovered TTG and purchased the CE Stage product I now intend to venture further into the TTG product portfolio to create an entirely new website.

I would be grateful if someone could sanity check the product-set I intend to purchase/download before hitting the "Buy" button. In particular my query relates to Monoslide.

The easy bit first. I intend to purchase:
CE Pages - for the pages!
CE Auto Index - to provide the nested galleries i.e. Cityscapes -> Country -> City = slideshow.

Now for the bit I'm uncertain of:

I'm keen to use the Flash slideshow transitions in the MonoSlideShow product (I realise this is purchased separately) which will of course require the TTG MonoSlideShow-2 plugin to make it LR/TTG compatible.

However, I'd like to make the Flash slideshow output from Monoslide available on devices that don't support Flash and wondered if MonoSlide can be used in conjunction with CE Stage to provide an HTML5 wrapper?

Or, is this over complicating matters and can the slideshow transitions be accomplished with something that's not Flash?

Some of the galleries may be quite large i.e. 200 pics so that needs to be considered if there are restrictions. I have noticed that the Galleria Slideshow seems to struggle with large galleries erroring stating that "a thunbnail has not loaded in 30sec"

Thank you for any assistance.

#2 2012-09-28 23:33:08

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Correct combination of TTG products?

The Galleria slideshow does not handle large collections well.

CE2 Pages and Auto Index are the correct purchases.

TTG CE2 Stage does provide a mobile backup for Flash galleries, MonoSlideshow included, however ... because that slideshow automatically scans the folder of images, it will display your images in file-list order, not LR filmstrip order.

Also, MonoSlideshow exhibits some ... wonky ... behavior in LR4. Depending on your configuration, the gallery may or may not work well for you in the Web module. It was great in LR3, but in LR4 I cannot recommend it.

While they lack the fancy transitions, the HTML galleries -- Highslide, Horizon or Photoswipe -- really are the best options we have to offer.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2012-09-28 23:33:54

rod barbee
Website

This might answer your question: http://wiki.theturninggate.net/doku.php … ging_flash
The slideshow created in the mobile gallery is based on Photoswipe

rod

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2012-09-29 00:10:52

chin_spod

Thank you gentlemen...your response is greatly appreciated.

Board footer