Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-11-11 10:44:30

uncle wiggily

I have to restart from scratch everytime I attempt to work

I can find no way to pick up my work from where I left off.  When I open Lightroom and click Web, I am presented with the default website and have to re-enter my work. Is it intended that you complete your website in a single setting without mistake? Seems there should be a dropdown list of previous websites to pick from or directory tree to pick from. I 'Export' my work regularly and upload it to the server. But when I have to restart Lightroom I have to start all over again.

#2 2012-11-11 11:58:37

uncle wiggily

Re: I have to restart from scratch everytime I attempt to work

My system information

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU       X 990  @ 3.47GHz, 3468 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    24.0 GB

I have Lightroom 4.2.
Still, once I exit all my work is lost. Is there any way to load a saved project?? Or save a project for that matter??

#3 2012-11-11 14:07:17

rod barbee
Website

Use the Template Browser to save a template of your work.
Also, use the Save Web Gallery button at the top right of the preview area.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2012-11-11 16:56:19

Niall
Website

When you are in the Web perspective if you have not created a web gallery your changes are not saved which looks like what you are seeing. Above the web page which is bring displayed it gives a message Unsaved Web Gallery. Are you seeing that?

If so when in the web perspective right click in your collections panel and create a web gallery and try again.

Niall

#5 2012-11-12 11:40:21

uncle wiggily

OK Here is where I am at. I have been using the 'Create Saved Web Gallery' right along.  It seems to me that this button should be displayed there unsaved changes to the pages being created. Anyhow I find that to create a template I must use the Web/New Template function which I do. Also any changes have to be saved with a right click on the template I created and select 'Update with Current Settings'.  CTRL_R does not appear to update everything that is subject to loss if the user closes Lightroom. It appears the most users use TTG to get the harness in place and then go in and manually update the php and css.  I still find that work can easily be lost and there is no prompt to the user that this is about to happen. I think this is a LR problem rather than an issue with TTG.

#6 2012-11-12 12:04:12

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Using the Template Browser is the surest way to store your work. It's the only option that allows you to export, backup or import your settings as files. Meaning that if anything were to happen to your catalog, and "saved web galleries" would be lost, while your templates would remain.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#7 2012-11-14 13:31:35

uncle wiggily

on the

http://wiki.theturninggate.net/doku.php … _creations

panel it states:
"Populating your output creation is easy. In the Library module, simply drag images from your Library into the Collections panel; drop them onto your output creation. "

I can't drag and drop anything into the Collections panel. Neither can I rearrange the image order in the film strip by dragging and dropping. Is this some preference setting??

#8 2012-11-14 14:41:49

rod barbee
Website

be sure you're clicking inside the thumbnail when you want to drag pictures, not just on the frame around the thumbnail. It's not a preference setting, it's just the way Lightroom works

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2012-11-14 15:13:55

uncle wiggily

Well this is embarrassing. I was clicking on the frame just as if I was handling a physical slide. Never thought of clicking the image. Now I am rearranging the lights out of my pictures. Sorry.

#10 2012-11-15 02:25:05

rod barbee
Website

I've been bitten by that too. It's counter-intuitive to those of us who shot slides for so long, like we'll put finger prints on the thumbnail or something smile

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer