Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-02 12:50:48

neilv

Download & instal CE3

I have down loaded two zipped files from the web site provided by TTG email. The files were TTG-CE2-stage-411.zip & TTG-CE3-stage-500.zip

From the download folder I extracted the files from both & ended up with two files TTG-CE2-stage.irwebengine &  TTG-CE3-stage.irwebengine.

Initially I double clicked the file but this did not seem to work so I read the installation instructions & put the files in Users/username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Web Galleries/ as instructed

I did not get the other 4 files that are mentioned at the beginning of the installation instructions. So I cannot istal the template file as instructed.

In Layout Style in the top right hand corner of the Web Module two new "styles' appeared  TTG-CE2 stage 4.1.1 & TTG CE3 stage.

When I select either of these "styles" the main viewing area is filled with an Error & then reams of text like the text you would write to make the program run.

What have I done wrong & how can I correct it?

Thanks
Neil

#2 2013-06-02 13:10:38

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Download & instal CE3

If you follow the instructions to install, then the plugins will work:
http://ce3wiki.theturninggate.net/doku. … stallation

Because you double-clicked first, you may need to search your system for bad copies of the plugins that may be interfering with the installation.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2013-06-03 19:08:00

neilv

I searched for every file in user with TTG & erased all that were to do with CE3. Nothing changed in the LR Layout style panel, the error message remained uncanged.
I went to the web site & downloaded a new TTG-CE3-Stage-500.zip file. I moved it from the Downloads folder to another folder within Downloads which I have called Turning Gate.

I RMC'd & selected Open With & the only choice was Achieve Utility, I selected this & a new file appeared in the folder called TTG-CE3-Stage.lrwebengine, this is the only file which appeared when the zip file extracted, the other four files mentioned in the installation instructions did not appear.

I know I have been painful in describing what I have done, but this is exactly what I have done.
Is there anything I am doing incorrectly?

I have stopped at this point as I have followed the instructions but what is being instructed has not happened correctly.

Where are the other four files?Are they supposed to come from the .zip file.
If not where do they come from?

Do I need to down load the TTG-CE2-Stage-4.1.1 file which was also available for download?

Thank you for any assistance

Regards

Neil

#4 2013-06-03 20:00:17

frank1959

If you have only purchased Stage then you won't have the other files like Pages, gallery etc.

Just move the TTG-CE3-Stage.lrwebengine file to the correct location on your system per the instructions.

#5 2013-06-04 19:03:12

neilv

Today I received TTG-CE3-Stage-501 I down loaded this file, deleted the previous file from web galleries, pasted the new file & it has worked in LR.

To build a web site what other files do I need to buy?

#6 2013-06-04 21:29:57

rod barbee
Website

At least TTG CE3 Pages. If you want image galleries, then get TTG CE3 Gallery as well.
To organize galleries into separate categories (indexes), get Autoindex too.
To make galleries easier to manage, also get Publisher.
To get all, purchase the Web Bundle
Be sure to read the Orientation: http://theturninggate.net/orientation/

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#7 2013-06-05 19:14:46

neilv

Thanks for the help. I have started to understand what information is on the site & where I have gone wrong from the start. I will spend some time reading then buy the suite. But first more reading.

Board footer