Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-16 11:10:58

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Preview jitters

I remember there was a thread which described a problem wherein Lightroom's preview would get the jitters, scrollbars continuously popping in and out of existence, the webpage preview meanwhile having a seizure. At the time, we were not able to determine the cause of this problem, but did confirm that the problem was isolated to the Web module preview and did not carry over to exported pages/galleries.

I cannot find the thread now; might have been on the previous forum. Anyway, I think I've identified the cause.

The APE browser that LR4 uses for the web preview appears not to handle shadows properly. Shadows should not contribute to the measurable width of an element. Therefore, a 500px box with a 10px shadow should, for all purposes, be treated as a 500px box. The LR4 preview, however, cannot seem to decide whether to treat the box as 500px or 510px, hence the scrollbars freaking out while the page width overflows the viewport by those 10px (or whatever the width of your shadow).

The fix?

The easiest fix is to zero your shadows.

The other fix is to go into the CSS and apply overflow: hidden; to whatever parent element you feel can take it. This may sometimes cause strange behaviors if in the wrong place, though, so requires some evaluative experience on behalf of the user. I am not comfortable making a "global fix" of this nature, as it may cause weirdness for some configurations.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#2 2012-11-07 05:08:37

Niall
Website

Re: Preview jitters

I have just experienced this problem, I had a galery with a single image in it. When I added 4 more and caused the scrollbars to grow it goes away. A simpler work around.

Niall

Board footer