Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-17 11:29:46

kevin
Website

Migrating from B1 to B3 - Protected Albums and passwords

I bit the bullet... I upgraded from Backlight 1 to Backlight 3.  Not without some problems though.
1   I did not copy the .htaccess file over to the root... This broke the site... I resolved that one my self.
2   Needed to change the Publisher Lightroom Plugin  ... the older plug was still using the Username and Password settings on the protected galleries.    Found the solution somewhere in the documentation. 

Now I am dealing with a couple of other issues...

First...As per the documentation...

"Admin users may navigate public, protected, and private albums freely while logged into Backlight's admin."

This is true only when I am using Internet Explorer.  If using Chrome, I do not have unrestricted access to the protected galleries.  I have not checked any private galleries yet.

Second...  For the protected galleries that I do have.  What has happened to the Usernames and Passwords... I know that I need to assign "Access Codes".  Is there a faster way to do this rather than going through each individual gallery?

Third...    Is there a way of assigning a "Master Access Code" that will allow entry into all galleries?  And still, have individual access code for a gallery

Here's my problem:

I shoot an event where there is a number of awards given out, let say Five awards.
When I post the images for the event, I set up a number of galleries.  Some of these galleries will be protected and some will be public.
I want each of the protected galleries to be unique, each having their own access code.   The public galleries are open to all. I would normally give the event organizer the "Master Access Code" so that they would have unencumbered access to all the galleries, both protected and public.  With Backlight 1, I do realize the Admin Username and Password gave full access to all the galleries across my entire site.

Thanks for your consideration,

Kevin

#2 2020-05-17 12:36:42

rod barbee
Website

Re: Migrating from B1 to B3 - Protected Albums and passwords

Master Access code can be found in the main settings under Publisher

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2020-05-17 12:38:13

rod barbee
Website

"Admin users may navigate public, protected, and private albums freely while logged into Backlight's admin."
This is true only when I am using Internet Explorer.  If using Chrome, I do not have unrestricted access to the protected galleries.  I have not checked any private galleries yet.

This should work under all browsers, it has for me. Try clearing browser cache perhaps.

I think Ben will need to address the second issue

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2020-05-17 13:32:40

kevin
Website

Thanks Rod, for the quick response.
I did find the Master Access Code setting...

Kevin

#5 2020-05-17 23:59:44

kevin
Website

So,  I am new to Backlight 3... I have never managed galleries through Backlight before, I have always done this through the Lightroom plugin.  It looks like it will be easier to assign Access Codes through Backlight admin rather than using the Backlight plugin.  I looked at the database, but the codes look like they are encrypted, or perhaps I did not dig deep enough.

So far the upgrade to BL3 has been relatively seamless.  I was able to pull it off in an afternoon. 

Thanks for a great product and superior customer service.

Board footer