Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-03 01:25:02

alfred

smooth upgrading

As others have said before:
The upgrade process was nice and easy, nothing compared to what it used to be in the early days. Thanks to Matt and Ben to have matured the product in so many ways, the upgrade process included!

There was one little thing I did see though:
When the upgrade process had run, I got the message that the .htaccess file could not be replaced automatically and I would need to do this manually by an upload from the downloaded installer (zip) file. I did this and then the rest completed without any further interruption and my site continued to run smoothly. I am not sure whether this has any relevance, but I thought I let you guys know.

Alfred

#2 2020-05-03 07:34:11

Ben

Re: smooth upgrading

Hi Alfred, thanks for letting us know your upgrade was successful.  That's always good to hear.

Other than you needing to copy the file manually in your case, there will be no further issue related to that.  The files at the top of your site would only usually need to be updated via FTP with the initial installer.  In that case, as the FTP user you have permission to save files there.  It was only in this rare case itself that Backlight needed to make a change to one of those top-level files during an upgrade.  It's not expected that Backlight would have permission to write there, so in your case the manual upload was needed.

#3 2020-05-04 07:05:03

pjtraveler

Re: smooth upgrading

I too had the same experience ; easy upgrade but needed to upgrade .htaccesss manually

Board footer